i want to join

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by slikk03, Jun 21, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i been fishing altone from the bank with not even a bite, whats the best bank spot around altone, i cant sling 8 oz in the channel, i need a boat, also how do i join this club, i want to get into some blues, and i might have a boat next year

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Wecome Jake, some one will be along shortly to tell you how to join. A lot of people in here have boats and it is easy to get a ride. I will take you out on mine. Where do you live?

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice to see your interest Jake. I'm proud of the members of the club. A great stand up bunch of guys and gals to say the least.

Watch the threads here for upcoming events.

I'm working on scratching up a dollar tourney now.

We also have the Kids fishing tournament July 18th at Busch Wildlife, and of course the second annual Gateway/Cabelas Classic on August 29th. You can also look forward to a fund raiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in which were going after the kittens with Snoopy Poles!

We will also be having a quarterly meeting in July, and you can join up officially with us then.

Until then, please feel free to post in Gateway here, and participate with the discussions.

Cuz

4. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Welcome aboard.

5. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Welcome , this is a great place.

6. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    Been chatting with Jake in PMs, I'll say HI here as well!

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome aboard Jake.

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks, its going to be a month befor i pay to join, moneys tight right now,i hope to get into some blues and meet alot of cool bros,im without a boat, i can come down every saterday after payday,

9. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome, Jake. I think you'll enjoy it here. Lots of good guys, info and bull$hitting...not necessarily in that order. No boat? No problem. You won't find it hard to hitch a ride here. I've been out with many of the members and had a great time with each and every one of them. I'll be looking to repay a little of the goodwill myself as the summer rolls on once I get the final bugs worked out of my new boat (God willing).

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    wen i join, what do i do, to meat up with yall, just send pms to see whos out, i dont know whats all involved,i live in central illinios but wen i come down, ill spend all day and night, my goal is to get a 50 pound blue, id brop to my knees lol,ive tride bank fishing them but, they just dont hang out in the bank, they like that current, i wonder why

11. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the club if u want to get together with someone u can just make a post or send them a pm and just keep and eye on the posts

12. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Welcome to the BOC & the Gateway Catfish Club Jake. I'll take you fishing sometime soon on the Sippi or Souri - Just PM me or watch the posts and you'll find a way to get your baits down in that current.

13. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Welcome aboard never a dull momement:eek:oooh::smile2:

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    welcome aboard Jake, i see you found the site ok.... glad to have ya.. Great group of guys here.. I dropped all my old friends and hooked up with these guys and never looked back.. The info you get from the guys here and this site in general is priceless... u wont find it in a book or on any other website.. so just sit on back and soak it in....

15. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    LOL! Jake your in for it now bud. Once these guys get you on a couple nice blues and with your flatheads on top of that. You will be doomed to a life of chasing the big ones. There is no turning back, no timeouts, plenty of sleepless nights thinking about your next trip, the cold chills, sweaty palms, constant daydreaming of knowing your next cast could be the hookup of a lifetime!!!! Not to mention all the friends you will meet along the way. Hope you know what your getting into:0a1:

Dang, come to think of it, that pretty much sounds like me.

16. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    well said willie

17. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks guys, it will be fall wen i join, moneys tight, and stuff, but im joining for shure

18. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i realy wish i had the cash to join up and head down, every 2 weeks but, im working on my roof im paying off bills, just bombarded ith work and stress, but i will be joining, in the fall, around september,

19. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Welcome to the BOC Jake and Gateway as well.:big_smile:

20. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea im thinking in september, ill join, got alot going on