I want to fish HERE (Greene county)

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by drpepper, Sep 21, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Google Earth... 39 03' 08.89"N, 86 58' 38"W

Greene county... I just wondered also since the river dumps into it if it's private... looks like a gravel pit....

Any Greene Co folks here know anything about this place?
    Can ya sneak me in there:confused2: any place to launch a boat around there????

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Looks like an oxbow lake, might even be public if that's the case.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I can't quite tell what it is... might even just be a flooded field maybe? but man it looks awesome -if thats a lake it'll be full of huge cats.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i would say thats a gravel pit for sure bro. float up in there n see what happens. if its private it will be posted. you can see the big mound of dirt they have dredged out of it buy the creek.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So it can be private then? even though (as it looks) the river takes it route thru it? either that or the water was high and just flowing into it at the time... they dredged an outlet for it. I'm not much of an outlaw, and I'd prolly get caught (or shot with my luck) but I'm seriously tempted to sneak up in there and check that baby out... if I can talk to someone who knows the area maybe I'll get permission:confused2:

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was always under the impression that if a public body of water flows into it then its public. Is that not the case?????

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats what I was thinkin' too... so long as you don't get on the bank.... not sure though.

8. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You can always check it out...then play dumb if you get caught!

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If they don't have it posted, and I can float up into it, thats exactly what I'd do:cool2: lol.
    I really do NEED to get a Greene county guy that knows that area to pipe in and let me know what the rivers like around there and where I could put in at.
    If I had a jet, I wouldnt worry about it too much... but I've already had to be rescued once this year lmao... Hey, maybe I wouldnt be playin' dumb after all:confused2:

10. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I've heard the same thing for years. If I did'nt see any 'No Trespassing' or 'Private
    Property' signs I'd be in there fishing.

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah thats what i always thought. even private marinas that arent marked could be fished unless otherwise noted. so heck bill go fish it and find out.

12. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'd ask for permisson first. It beats a standoff with the CO's.

13. scootyb

scootyb New Member

State:
    indiana
    looks like someone in a small jonboat is putting in at a ramp by the pipeline.could also be that the floods we had earlier this year washed out the banks between the pit and the river.

14. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I just now remembered a lake that has been closed for years. It was a privately owned lake that also had a creek running thru it, "State Licences Required"!:sad2: I would still ask for permission from the owners, CO's & if nothing else at least talk to the Local Sherriff.:cool2:

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    talk to the local fuzz and he will tell you to go ahead. then he will put you in jail for trespassing! lol