i want to catch one

Discussion in 'CANADIAN CATFISH' started by spcmitchell28, Mar 19, 2008.

1. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    how do you catch fish there

2. hardwaterfanatic

hardwaterfanatic New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    You can use a variety of baits, depending on the season. The main thing is like most places...look for where the fish are holding, position your boat so that you can place the bait in the right spots, talk to some locals up there. The main guy being Stu McKay at Cats on the Red. He can point you in the right spots and tell you what baits to be using.

3. wpg_catfisher

wpg_catfisher New Member

State:
    manitoba
    ive had lots of experience fishing at lockport when the fishings good like last year they were pretymuch everywhere but i had the best luck fishing curent breaks from the boat but you can also hammer them from the right spots on shore almost all my fish were cought on cut golyeye or drum on a 8/0 circle hook 3-5oz weight all on 30-50lb test. also my normal rig is about 2ft long but a few days i couldnt buy a bite till i switched my rigs to a little over 4ft long so if your not having any luck try a longer leader

4. Eric Wood

Eric Wood New Member

State:
    manitoba
    On the assiniboine river near Brandon, theres 2 pillars that are brokin of from the dam, water is flowin really fast outta that spot, rivers really low because of it too, so i was catchin channel on the break of the fast current down from the broken pillars, thats was in early spring(burbot was the ticket, kinda weird hey fro bait, but it worked pretty good) gotta go down river, got sum good places to check out, need sum frogs too, later brothers

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing up there,congrats

6. bhatcher1993

bhatcher1993 New Member

State:
    sc
    would be nice to try