Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

I want to be COOL

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  derbycitycatman 
#1 ·
I have got back into squirrel hunting really big the past 3 seasons. Our season comes in Aug. 1 and most years it's hot, some years really hot, my hot weather hunting uniform is a pair of Wrangler camo jeans and a cotton tee shirt. I know there have been great advances in cold weather hunting clothing but has anyone came across something that is cooler to wear than what I am wearing now.

#3 ·
RedHead (BPS) has a cool mesh/silk type material that I have a few pairs of and is very comfortable and cool. "Mesh" isn't the best description because its not see-through. Not real silk but feels like it. reasonably priced to.

G
#4 ·
I like the treklite stuff you can get at macks PW and some other retailers...it's nicely vented and it's cool when the wind is blowing...but it retained my sweat and I hate hunting in wet clothing...makes me miserable. I looked and looked and finally came across First lite merino wool products and haven't looked back. I bought the Llano long sleeve shirt and Kanab pants and red desert boxers and tried them out last Sept for dove season....the first week of dove season we had temps that reached into the 100s and believe it or not, I was very comfortable..even in wool fabric! I wont say they cooled me down, No fabric will do that, but I didn't drown in my own sweat like I do with other so called warm weather clothing. I wore that all through dove season, into early archery and when it got colder I simply added smart wool mid weight base layers and socks, First lite Labrador vest,neck gaiter and beany and stayed plenty warm even when late gun season got down to single digit temps. Seriously...check out first lite products and you will not be disappointed...you'll pay a lot for the gear..but you'll be 100% satisfied. Here is a link to their warm weather gear. http://www.firstlite.com/products.html?temperature=47

#5 ·
Ive got a pair of lightweight camo pants and shirt from basspro i think, almost thinner than my underwear. lol Only draw back is obvious when you walk into briars and thorns, easy for the suckers to go right thru but they havent torn or ripped yet and Ive had em many years. Course them mean stickers can go thru just about anything even boots sometimes around here. Got my moneys worth years ago. If youdont mind them being baggy they work great to put on over jeans if you dont want to walk around all camo'd out if you got something to do before you hit the woods when the weather cools down. I think they were around $20 each but cheaper if you wait for a sale. In super hot weather ive even cut grass in em and they seemto let air in good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.