I want spring to come

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by zappaf19, Feb 10, 2007.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My friends have been ice fishing but my body hates cold! I wish spring would come. Ice here is 6" thick and temp has been in the single didgets.
    Bill

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I hear ya Bill. I'm sure the ice is thick enough to go out on down here, but I'm with you on the cold. I've always wanted to try ice fishing just for the experience, but I never get around to doing it. Plus, I haven't got my fishing lisence for this year yet, I hope to be picking that up at the Boat, Sport, and Travel Shoe coming up.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I cant wait for the spring spawning run. Mmmm crappie fillets. I love em. Nothing better then a shoreside bucket of minnows and a wooden bobber.

4. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Well brother at this point all of us that live in the north are ready for spring.

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    A good mess of crappie would taste good.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Theres a lot of us in the south thats ready for spring to

7. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

You got that right Ed!!

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I's somewhere in the middle of all of this and I to look forward to spring. I've got it ordered. It's all up to the shipper. I hope it don't end up like the mail does or it might never get here. HA.:lol: :smile2:

9. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am also ready for spring but i always enjoy winter for some reason. I like to ice fish for crappie.

10. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    I'm with you, Bill. One reason I love turkey hunting. Leaves sprouting, sun shi ning, birds singing, a nice oak tree to take a nap on....

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    we all ready for spring :lol: winter fishing promotes hypothermia while waiting on the bite

12. trsteele

trsteele New Member

State:
    Texas
    I can finally smell spring!!!

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't mind the cold and snow for the Holidays,but when they're over with I'm ready for the warmth of sunshine and gentle breezes in the air. Mostly I'm ready to go fishin again!:big_smile:

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Come on Spring! I hope to do alot of fishing during Spring. I will probably ease up on the fishing during Summer. I tend to get to Hot. I may do some night fishing if I Can find a night fishing partner.

15. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Now ya know why I moved from Wisconsin to Texas! Back home its cold, snow and ice and down here in NE TX, its been near 80 degrees! Just so yall know IT IS CRAPPIE TIME here! The last 2 days we went crappie fishin...I thought I would give it a try because last year I recalled they seemed to be hittin early too, and it paid off! First time my hook got wet, I got a hit and it was ON after that! (FEB 21 was first day I caught a crappie). We caught a bunch of 2 -3 pound crappies and my Lord, what a great time! A few of the fisherman around here say they are hitting in deep waters but we were fishin from shoreline and the fish had lots of eggs in them! So for those of you down South here...dont be afraid to try fishin for the crappie early in the season! Wish me a crappie weekend cuz Imma be out there! :haha:
    !