i want a guide

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, Jun 14, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anybody know a guide for blues in the alton snt lois area, i need one this bluecat stuff is driving me flat broke im losing 50 bucks a check tying for a monster , thanks

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Google it. Cat guides on Alton.
    :wink:

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Be careful Slikk,
    If you go out with a guide you could end up spending a lot more after you decide you need new rods, reels, a boat, top of the line electronics and all that other stuff you will be exposed to:wink::wink::roll_eyes::wink:
    ...W

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i know, im just b lowing my money on hunting blues,i want one 50 pounder, but its not practical, their not close buy me, so thats why you see slikk all over the post i want one so bad im like a junkie without the drug, lol,i cant keep blowing cash on theese long trips, to the missipie, i must of spent 40 bucks for nothing saterday, ill be doing more research, i might try snt louis,or somewere else, but a guide thats good can expain alot, i got the gear,thhe only problem i see is the hooks and bait size, and were they are in the river,now in most areas their all over but in the missisipie there out in the main channel

5. Steve Knox

Steve Knox Active Member

State:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Name:
    Steve
    Well, this isn't the question you asked. But if you want a trophy size blue carry yourself on over here to the James River. Here's a guide who guarantees a Virginia citation size blue (30 pounds) -
    http://www.catfishingva.com/

I went with them in March (just me and the guide) and caught six small blues (under 20 pounds) and one that weighed 50.5 pounds. That's the fish in my avatar. Had a great day.

If you want to come let me know and we might could share the boat. I'd go back with them.