I turn my back and you kill the music? lol

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Jul 11, 2007.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    hey yall its your favorite neighborhood trippy wondering" where has all the music talk gone to?" i have looked high and low (pun intended lol) and cant seem to find music talk or any topics on it so i decided to start one!
    what is your favorite music to have in your headphones or on the radio when you go fishing? it could be at night, in the morning, or anytime you fish, and for those of you who can't help but throw a few smartallic comments out, i didnt know you could do "that" while fishing and is there a makeout boatramp or something? lmao and where are the gamewardens when you need em? making all that noise! lmao
    anyway lets hear it!
    my favorite bands right now that i could listen to for hours on end would be:
    nine inch nails:year zero (a lot more mellow than their normal stuff) and A PERFECT CIRCLE:eMOTIVE it has a calming about it that just says "chill" and it has the cover of john lennons "imagine" on it too.
    and the third cd would be: TOOL-10,000 Days it rocks my sox off and nothing is better at catching catfish than stinky feet! lmao put em in the water and let em come running! eww nevermind lol
    what kind of music do you relax to??

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    where you been, trippy? thought maybe one of them sinkholes got you:big_smile:

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Tracey......there have actually been quite a few music threads posted in the last few months. Most of 'em are in general convo or the sisterhood; several polls, what you listen to while fishin', what's in the CD players. You might have to do a l'il diggin', but they're there :wink:.

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hmmm....I don't usually have the luxury of a cd player or radio when I'm out fishin'. But the guys I listen to the most are (as always) Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and the "Hag" (Merle Haggard). My foremost favorite being the one and only, J.R. Cash...but favorite song none the less is "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain," performed by Willie. Don't get me wrong, I can tolerate SOME of the newer (new compared to the forementioned) country singers. But only those with a more traditional sound, like: Alan Jackson, George Strait, Clint Black, and Blake Shelton. But who don't like, Lynyrd Skynyrd? Or The Eagles? And by the way, we ain't never killed the music..not on MY watch..lol Maybe it's just turned down a little more than what you remembered. Anyway, you got my input. And nice to see someone come back to the boc after a long absense. Take care and keep us posted on your new favorites as they progress.

-Red

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Trippy,

Welcome home! Long trek home, eh? Sorry about the troubles.

Tanya is right about there are plenty of threads, but if I recall correctly, there are a few of your types out there. If you remember my tastes are old rock, country and blues has become predominant in the last couple of years.

To relax, I usually listen to Lucinda Williams, Goose Creek Symphony, John Prine, Willie, Cash, Blueground Undergrass or a favorite of mine is South 52, with Alan Johnston, from WbyGodVA. His daughters and friends make up the band. Good mountain, soul music. He used to play with Mel Street, years ago. He's played with John Anderson, too, and quite a few others. He is on myspace and plays every instrument I can think of, except not sure I've heard him play the keyboards. Anyway, he sings gospel, country, blues, bluegrass, whatever he feels at the moment. Check him out if you get a chance. He plays a mean stand up bass, too. Somehow his music soothes my soul, when nothing else will. He is a religious man, but loves to have fun and eat gravy. Now that's another Cracker Barrel story.............:big_smile:

Take care and welcome home, again.
    Don't forget to check out the sister hood. We would love you to stop in and sit a spell.

Cheryl

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My latest intrest is in a band called Hell Yea, which includes Vinnie Paul formerly of Pantera among other noteworthy musicians. Other than that, I listen to Sabbath, Zep, Megadeth, old Metalica, disturbed, NIN, Johnny Cash, Primus, Danzig, and many, many more.

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well I have been listening to George Jones,Waylon Jennings,Haggard,Coe and HankJr. and the 3rd. Now for the stuff that not many want to hear= Down,Pantera,6 feet under,Danzig,hatebreed,biohazard,slayer,black label society,kill switch engaged,shadows fall,clutch,vision of disorder,misfits,life of agony,slipknot,lamb of god, morbid angel,pound six(one of my first bands WE ROCKED!!!) and the list can go on forever it seems :roll_eyes:

8. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i thought i was the only headbanger here lol and i hafta give a hell yeah to HELL YEAH they rock!!! :cool2: i like a lot ofdifferent types of music not much country but alan jackson and some of the older stuff is alright.
    my wife bought Bon Jovi's new cd and it was almost all depressingly slow songs and country oriented not bad but not Bon Jovi either lmao and she is a huge! bon jovi fan and didnt like it as much.
    i have recently started getting back into old school punk via the MISFITS, and SAMHAIN, (the GLENN DANZIG MISFITS that is) dont care for their new singer very much lol i have some older tapes of the misfits and its hilarious to hear their guitars and stuff crap out on em and then follows with F-bombs everywhere letting people know they couldnt afford real equipment lol :angry:
    funny but frustrating.
    i was trying to find music posts on here when i posted this thats why i jokingly said who killed the music lol it was originally meant because we have nascar special topics all kinds of sports topics but zero music columns on the list (yes i checked first thing lol) to me music is a huge part of my life if iam not listening to it or making it then the world doesnt feel real,it's quiet like walking through a field and the crickets shutting up because your near them, and what fun is that? lol
    i have many influences rightnow maynard james keenan of :TOOL, and A PERFECT CIRCLE is the main one he can take a normal topis and word it to make a statement jump out and scream at you without raising his voice to do it! thats what i want to do someday but i might be screaming it out too? lol
    anyway thanks for your info and letting me know what rocks your world and keep up the great work all of you!
    and phil yes im back with a new computer so im good to go!
    and glad to see your still here man!
    :cool2:

9. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey

throw in some TOOL and MISFITS and you got a soundtrack for life man! mudvayne too lol cant have HELLYEAH without MUDVAYNE and PANTERA lol
    i have tickets to see marilyn manson/slayer in atlanta this month so i cant wait! mainly for slayer thanks to manson slowing down so much lol anyway im with you man kick ass!!!! im glad you put old metallica lol

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tracey: I am 62 years old Tracey. I have never met you, nor you me. I, because of my personality and yours, like you. You have an attitude, from the few posts I have seen, that I can relate to. If I were to tell you that in 62 years I have never bought a vinyl, an 8 track, a cassette, a CD, would you believe me? I love music, bogey music, from the late 50's to now, any genre from Gospel to hard rock. The only music I literally cannot stand is Rap. Not from any prejudice, but it does not make sense to me. I never bought any music, because I could never understand the lyrics. If I can't read it, I can't understand it. But I do love the noise. I can, or used to be able to dance all night if the music moved me, no matter the style.

To answer your question, I love it all. The mood I am in, how much of whatever I have imbibed, the sign of the moon or what ever time of the year it is. I enjoy it, and until I am dead I want to keep hearing it in the background, played low and soft. I just wish I could dance like I used to.

11. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

That and opera!

I like the music from the 70s, 80s and some 90s, and a little bit of the stuff they call music now days?

I like soft rock, new country and some hard rock.
    It all depends on what mood I'm in and how much I've had to drink?

I will say, my favorite band is KC and The Sunshine Band.

Ken

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    A little off the topic but music related, gone are the days of the under-dash 8 track and cassette players in automobiles. Remember drilling those holes in the bottom of the dash? And if you just upgraded from a 8 track player to a under-dash cassette player and changed out your kraco speakers to Jensen tri-axle speakers you were cool. Oh what memories

13. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    KC and the Sunshine Band...my memories from the 70's of KC were that of a young man in a Elvis styled sequined disco suit...lol

Saw him in an interview a couple of months ago and he had aged 30 yrs (go figure) put on about 50 lbs and lost his hair...

They're still on the road..saw in a calendar of events for Myrtle Beach that they were playing at the House Of Blues (I think) Tickets were available for the low,low cost of only $32.50...

14. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I've been listening to Dierks Bentley here lately. But I have such a wide scope of music from rap/hip hop to gospel. Most music has some good qualities even rap. I don't care for opera but thats about it.

It all depends on the mood I'm in as to what I'll be listening to any given day.

15. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    He has put on a few pounds and a few years, but still put's on a pretty good show?
    I would have liked to seen them in concert in the 70s, but didn't have the chance?
    I did see them in 2000 (I Think, or 2001) and I took my Daughter and we had a blast!

Ken

16. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    beetle? thanks man i like you too i listen to a little rap but i too believe it gets retarted when all they do is repeat themselves over and over again :crazy: i can listen to almost any music and not complain too much lol
    i was raised on old george jones and stuff like that and then in the 80's i went to the hair band era and darei say it the heavy metal era, and havent changed a wholelot but hey like i said i can listen to almost anything lol
    thanks for keeping this post going yall and crank it up !!!

17. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok you guys are scaring me1:eek:oooh:KC and the sunshine band??? I don't think I would admit to listening to that.:smile2:lol. I have a few bands that I keep hid in the closet.:wink:

My favs for the week are Linkon Park, Papa Roach, Everclear, Rob Zombie. Mostly alternative/rock. But I listen to anything except gospel and opra.

18. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    wow thats my kind of music!!! you rock kat-tamer!

19. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    dang catgirl lol i thought i was stuck in a time warp(rocky horror style of course without the drag clothes lmao) it came from the 80's and i married her! lmao and shes a great little lady im proud to call my wife :smile2:
    i swear thats all she listens to is 80's bands and recent reunion style 80's bands lol oh well gotta love her! she puts up with my original music lol and she askedme the other day if she could be my groupie lol
    i said sure but you gotta earn that spot! lmao :crazy:
    wow the things you read and type at 12 in the morning lol
    gnite yall work is gonna be here before you know it for this clown lol
    :tounge_out: