I tried to cath'em!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Tugboat, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I went to Lake Nasworthy on Saturday night and tried some bank fishing, again but had NO luck. I was useing Danny Kings punch bait and worms. I chumed with some Magic bait chum about an hour before i started fishing. I had a couple of really good hits on the punch bait but about 10:00pm it was like you turned the switch off and i didn't get a bite and i fished until 2:00 am. I dont know if it was me or what . I thought i was holding my mouth right but i guess not, but I'm not gonna give up yet I'm gonna go back and try again in a couple of weeks.If anyone has any suggestions that I might help let me know. I appreciate it. Ya'll keep fishin'.....

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    thats too bad your not having any luck if ya lived closer to me we could go catch some flats sometime been catchin a couple a night when i have been fishin lately

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Sometimes you don't always have a lot of options when it comes to bank fishing. I hate to say this, but if you sat in the same spot for 4 hours or possibly more and didn't catch a fish, you lost a lot of valuable fishing time. I can't emphasize enough that if you're not catching fish or getting bites in 15 to 30 minutes max you should move. Moving doesn't necessarily mean the other side of the lake. It could be casting to deeper or shallower water, towards some different cover or parallel to the bank. It may also mean moving down 25, 50 or 100 yards if possible. If a rod doesn't get a bite or catch a fish in 5 minutes or so, I'm usually checking the bait. I never cast back out with stale bait. I always freshen up the bait before putting it back in the water. Bait is cheap compared to time spent fishing. Wind is also a big factor in bank fishing. When bank fishing, you want the wind in your face. Meaning the waves are coming into the bank in front of you. Duck hunting-wind to your back. Fishing-wind in your face. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat New Member

State:
    Texas
    OK i had the wind to my face, but i didnt move around. Has anyone tried that Magic Bait chum i was wondering about that, if it was any good or not?? Tha next time i go i am going to take some MILO that i have cooking right now and see if that will work.

5. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I use soured corn and milo, and it seems to work great. Sometimes I fillet the fish and they have more milo in them, and sometimes they have more corn.

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I used to fish Lake Nasworthy,or nastywater as we referred to it. I went to college at ASU. I never had a bite there. Back then,the lake was really low. I tried Twin buttes and O.C. Fisher,no luck. I wish I could help more.

7. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    When I lived there I caught a bunch of cats at the warm water channel and the fishing pier fishing with shrimp. Hope that helps.

8. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    P and W says there are lots of channels, I seldom fish it, but seems like the first bench on the 1st park on S Conco Dr. is pretty good or behind the dam sometimes. Try minnows, the hybrid stripers can be good.

Jim

9. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Any of you guys ever fish down on 277 outside of Christoval? Just wondering if there are any fish there.

10. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sound just like my report a month or so ago. I had the place chummed and used the same things you were. I fished a slip bobber and bottom set up. I also set a good sized trot line out, a few limb lines and 4 jugs.

I caught 2 channel cats and a turtle.

You were alot more patient then I. I was outta there at 10pm. The bad part was I shinned my light in the water and there were 30 or more catfish swimming around feeding. They just didn't want DK's or worms or perch. I wonder if you had the fish there and they just wouldn't bite?

11. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I take the little kids to the park on Mineral Wells Rd. They catch small perch and bass for fun. There is a guy that runs a trotline there, a couple of times a year, he catches a few cats. I think it might be better at Pugh Park in Christoval, the water there looks good. A lot of people fish at Mineral Wells park.

Jim

12. Tugboat

Tugboat New Member

State:
    Texas
    well thanks everybody for all the information I will try all of it .