I took my Catfishing Jon Boat out for a try

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Mar 12, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and my son took my new jon out for it's maiden voyage..I was really impressed with how the boat handled our weight, and the trolling motor at high speed pushed us along great..Below is a few pics , the last one I got out of the boat and took a pic of my son in it.

Attached Files:

2. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

nice boat flathunter and congrats on its maiden voyage i get to take my new boat out next weekend for the first time i can not wait

3. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Nice boat flat and i hope we put it to good use this year lol... i caugt some nightcrawlers last night in about 1 hour i caught 15-20 dozen... lol hope that boat will hold a few 50 and 60s :) :rolleyes:

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    So did ya ever come up with a name yet ? Can't wait to see pictures of you and Mellon nettin' a big ol'cat in that Jon.

5. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Nice boat! Hope it serves you well.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My wife named it, it's called the flathunter;)

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Those Jon boats become heirlooms.
    I've got a Sears 1965 year model 10 footer that I've taken on bodies of water an idiot would have better sense then to even think about.
    She has been through alot even to the point of being dragged in and out of ponds all those years that the ribs in the floor are completely worn flat and all the way through in places.
    She still has alot of years left in her.

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Lol nice name and btw u have PM.... hope u like the boat!

9. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    I have an old Jon Boat myself. My dad had it on our pond forever, he had bought it from a friend at work. When I stripped the paint off, the oldest tag on it was from 1963 (I think). I repainted it, made a trailer for it, and put swivel seats in it. I have it mated up with a 3.9 HP Mercury outboard and 30lb Minn Kota trolling motor. Its all matched pretty well. I am probably going to buy a 16' boat with a 65 HP outboard Thursday, but I will definately keep the Jon Boat.

10. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Congrats on the good maiden voyage. Just wait till you hook one of those flats, you will be running the trolling motor to try and slow him down...lol Good Luck.

11. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Hey Catbird man we live like 30 mins from each other i just live right down 32 from u in Adams County...Maybe later this year we can hit East Fork or something....

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    whew! here i thought you took it out on the river! dont know about the scioto but i was out on the gmr earlier and i coulda swore i seen a house float by, its beyond flood stage.

13. lonegunman88240

lonegunman88240 New Member

State:
    new mexico
    very nice! im sure you'll enjoy it, i didnt realized how much i enjoyed running strictly electric until i got a larger john boat and went to a 2 stroke 15 hp outboard, im gathering parts to build me a electric outboard and probably gonna sell my gas outboard

14. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Well lonegunman good luck with that and hope u sell ur gas motor...

15. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice looking boat, hope you catch some cats that will double its length;)

16. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Way to go on gettin the new boat out.
    How many batteries are you running that motor on? I use 2 it seems like I get 3-4 times more use than only one battery

17. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Congrats flathunter, new boats are always exciting but a brand new boat is awesome. Just need to get some cut bait smeared into the floor now and it will start to feel like home. lol

18. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats on the jonboat!:cool: I am just finishing mine too. Hope to reel in many channels out of it with my son! iowacatter:)

19. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Anyone like the song Beer Man by Trent Willmon? thats a great song

20. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Nice looking boat. Should serve you well. Not a bad looking hole of water either.