I took GaryF and Kcgeoff fishing today

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I had Kcgeoff and GaryF(Geoff Fleming and Gary Felkner) down today for a little fishing. After miscommunicating and misconnecting we finally got hooked up shortly after 1:00pm in the afternoon and went and caught bait and drift fished till almost dark. I had my video camera along and hardly filmed anything because we had a great time and I would just plain forget. We didn't catch any trophys but we did get into some Blues and shared a laugh or two along the way. Geoff showed off his net throwing prowess and Gary showed off his ability to do a quick catch and release on fish.(all in under two seconds). I hope they both had as much fun as I did and we vowed to do it again in the future. I hope to get on the Missouri river with those two in the future and get into some of the large Blues up there. The bite was good even though I wasn't able to put them on any big fish this trip. Next time guys we start early and finish late. See ya on the water!

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Ron

I sure enjoyed meeting you today, and the time out in the boat catching blues. Your knowledge of the LOZ is just amazing, and I would sure like to try it again one of these times when we can get an early start. Despite the weather forecast, it turned out to be a great day for fishing, and we boated over a dozen catfish in just a few hours.

Come up to KC any time, and we will do our best to point you toward some MO River blues.

Thanks again!

3. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I finally made it home. The storms made it take longer to get home than anticipated. That and the 5 deer than all ran out in front of my truck at the same time on 435 :eek: Luckily I seen them before they bolted accross the road and was able to slow down.

Ron,
    Thanks for taking us out fishing. I had a heck of a time fishing with you. It was nice to pick your brian about the LOZ blues. I was able to pick up a few tips that I'll be able to use here on the Missouri aswell. Hopefully we can plan a weekend to come up and fish Saturday and Sunday that way we can get out early morning and hit the good bite.

As Gary said anytime you want to come up and fish the Missouri just let us know and we'll try to get you on some fish aswell. We might even show you some of those KC shad. LOL :)

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like yall had a great time.

5. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ron, I was going to look your number up and call you while I was down there. I regret that I didn't. I promise, next trip down (probably not til next fall) you'll be getting a call from me!

6. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes sir, Ron's guide service. Needs a more catchy name, though. Something like, "Big Ron's Big Cat Cruises." Now that has a ring to it!

7. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Thats pretty good Larry! I was thinking of "Cap'n Catfish's Bluecat Bonanza!" Actually I changed my website to "Bigmagics Outdoor Adventures". I figure on making a DVD of their trip for all my customers. If I have as much fun as I did with Gary and Geoff I'll go out of business fast(I hardly got any video). Seriously I am thinking about trying to guide. I do enjoy watching people catch fish(Geoff is a hoot!) and helping them. If I can get this health thing a little more under control....In the meantime I'm going to try to fish as often as I can and do a little traveling and fishing. We were going to Beaver Lake this weekend to chase some Stripers but I have decided to wait till a little later in the year. See ya on the water!

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas

Cap'n Catfish's Bluecat Bonanza! Now that has a certain ring to it! I just wouldn't want to have to say it 5 times fast! Just let me know when their biting pretty good and I'll plan awhole weekend to come down there. I'll bring my son since he likes catching cats even more than me! (if that is possible?). LOL

9. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Geoff the fish are fixing to blow up down here. This rain is going to get the current moving and the Blues will go nuts! Too bad your going to be off on your honeymoon....I forgot what you do on honeymoons....oh yeah THAT!

10. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats to all of you on a fun trip. And yea Ron really knows the LOZ's Blues..he just amazes me with his knowedge. If Ron comes up here and you are doing bank fishing then give me a holler. I will do whatever I can to come a running to fish with you all again.

Dave