I thought my dog was a gonner

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Feb 13, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a frantic call from my wife at work tonight....I guess our dog had got sick and pucked up a worm at least 18 inches long!!!!!..She was sure the dog was gonna die if it was harboring worms of that size!!!

She had picked up the puke and worm and put it in a plastic bag for me, and the vet tomorrow to check out..

I got home from work and opened the plastic bag and was kinda freaked out seeing this huge worm that just came out of my dog, it was just creepy!.

I closed the bag, but a few minutes latter decided to take a closer look at this worm...I got a stick and picked it out of the bag only to discover it was a shoelace!:smile2:

Can you imaging what the vet would have said? He would have charged me 50 bucks to tell me my dog has shoelaces!

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jack, glad the pup is ok, but many dogs have had serious problems from eating shoelaces, socks underware etc. so its a good thing he barfed it up.
    You said 50 bucks?? ha probably closer to $130 im guessing at a minimum, the office visit alone is around $50. Now put that "saved" money into another new reel or something and then at the end of the day see if you can feed him a sock so you can use that saved money for the matching rod...:wink: Just kidding folks, Glad he is ok and it wasnt a tapeworm ( which can easily be much longer then 18")

Salmonid

3. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Are u still looking for the missing shoe :crazy:. Glad to hear that was all it was.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    glad to hear the hound is fine, an u didnt waste $50.00

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jack, can relate to what you went through. Used to see it all the time after doing that kind of work for 20 years. You were lucky he puked it up. They usually wind up in the small intestine and cause it to look like a Chinese finger puzzle. Rubber bands and string, esp fishing string are the worst.

When folks brought that kind of stuff into the office it was a laugh and a no charge call. When something happened in the future a client was more readily willing to come in with a question that might have serious consequences and not worry about what it might cost because he got treated fair and square on that other visit. Times change though. It is still a shame.

John.

6. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    LMAO thats what i was thinking you may have to follow the dog around for a couple days to get your nike back lol! Glad he was okay though.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man thats hilarious! Glad the dog is ok, I have never taken mine to the vet before and had a bill under 100$.:crazy:

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I gotta laugh-Follow the dog around reminds me of CHEECH & CHONG ......

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm glad the dog is ok but thats a funny story! Thanks for sharing!

10. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well maybe your Dog will be feeling better to day!
    Atleast the dog .Didnt eat your whole shoe.