I think we should get a pond management section.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whiskerchaser, Jul 14, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I thought about putting a whole new section for pond management like the old site but i dont know how or if i even can cuz i liked that about the old site cuz im thinking of making a pond and just thought it would be cool to talk about ponds and how to make one, how to stock them and all that good stuff u know. do u think that would be cool?

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That would be great, for those who want a backyard "ornimental" pond all the way up to city sized ponds. We have a local lake that needs some serious weed control. Maybe a trouble ticket to the MODS to show our concern for this???

Aaron

TA2D

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that sounds good to me cuz i think there are a ton of people that would like to know how to stop the spread of things like duck moss

4. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Ok guys i shot them a trouble ticket now all i have to do is wait and see what they said i added about the weed control and building them.

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We all should send one to show that one would be benificial.

Aaron

TA2D

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Id go in and ask a few questions myself... but who has the answers? Who here has managed a big pond for a good amount of time, like bobpaul with boat motors... who can be the guy that sets all of us straight?

sal

7. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I think a pond management section would be grate. There are a lot of members that have ponds and are new to how to properly care for them.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I just sprayed my sis in laws 2 acer pond for grasses and agly. She also raises coy for back yard ponds. If anyone has questions about big or little ponds I will be glad to ask her. The sprays I used on her big pond were about $100 a gallon. They are working quite well.
    Bill

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yes, I would like to see a section on this as well since Im a new pond owner, I also have soem friends in Pond Management business and could pass questions off to them when needed.

Salmonid