I think these are some kind of carp

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gone_fishin, Jul 18, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

worlds easiest and most dagerous way to catch bait. lol

2. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    man ive had shad jump in the boat like that a few times on keystone like just not 2000000 like that lol could you imagine if the were 40# cats doing that i would be scared to fish lol

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I wish catfish did that. I'd save a fortune on tackle!

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    That guy gets nailed in the head a few times lol.

5. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Those fish were beatin the hell outta that guy i about fell outta my chair laughin

6. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    They look like "Big Head" Carp or better known as Asian Carp that are over populating our river systems. They are very dangerous when they fly up like that and can seriousally injure someone that is moving 20-30mph in a boat.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    As stated Big Headed or Asian Carp. Very Dangerous fish. They say that the sound of the boat motor gets them rilled up. People been known to get Broken ribs from them. So be careful around them. Give them some respect or they may hurt you. I believe that Hannibal Mike said that the biggest caught so far was something like 87#but don't quite me on that for sure.They are a very strong fish and yes they are taking over our rivers.

8. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Come on to the Illinois River between Havana and Peoria. Wear a helmet and go slow becuase these things can knock you out of the boat. Up to 40 pounds and most over 20. You will probaly see thousands and that's on a bad day. You might want to join in the Redneck Fishing Tournament. No pole allowed, only dip nets and 2X4's.
    http://www.pjstar.com/news/ssection/river/TRI_B77HV9OF.012.shtml

9. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dude Awesome!!!!!!! Looks Like Fun! Lol

10. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Another invasive species taking over our waters who nows what the damage will be from these things witch native species is going to suffer the most its a disaster

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    The carp that jump like that are called Silver carp. No one seems to know why they jump like that. But your right it can be dangerous for boaters. I know a guy that bowfishes them out of the air. It is fun to watch and even more to try to hit them. Bighead carp don't jump out of the water like that.

12. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That's pretty bad when you have to wear a helmet and a body armour to keep from being pulverized. It would be funny for a few minutes though.

13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    That video was shot in Brazil so I don't know if they are Asian Carp or not.