i think she's on to me

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by drifter000, Apr 29, 2008.

1. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    the last month or so , all i can think about is droping a hook in the water and catching something. my wife isnt really into the whole fishing thing. but my 3 and 5 year old daughters are. the last 3 weeks or so, i have been sneaking my fishing pole and tackle box into the trunk of the car and suggesting that we all go to the park and do a little sight seeing outdoors. well.... when we get there and i pull the fishing gear out , i alway come up with something like, we can walk around the river and i might fish a little.... as it always happens, i wind up fishing the whole time and she starts to get aggrivated at me. the kids like it for a while then they get bored. the past couple of weeks, i have started fishing and she gets aggrivated and leaves me at the fishing hole while she goes to her sis's house. i then call her when i am done and she comes and picks me and my oldest daughter up. does that make me an addict? HELLO,

2. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    HELLO, MY NAME IS ROB, AND IM A FISH-AHOLIC:cool2:

3. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    hello rob i too am a addict

i got 4 8ft poles in bak seat
    5 bass poles
    2 ultra lights

all loaded with tackle for bass crappie catfish and whatever else i can find i might stop anywhere coming home

been kicked off local golf course during lunch while fishin too lol

addicts stick together!!!

4. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thank god im not the only one!!:roll_eyes:

5. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i too am a fishaholic. have been for around 30 years now. i'm so ashamed...

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    ever since i caught my pb flathead i am not a fishaolic but a catfishaolic i am glad that i am :big_smile:

7. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I am also an addict. but..... My wife is to. Its always good to find some midde ground. You will just have to get her into it too. Tell her it is about spending time with the family away from all the technology and tell her she is pretty and the pick her some wild flowers then tell her to be quiet so she doesnt scare the fish. Oh....... also take away the keys first so she cant leave you out there. LOL!!!

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Seek help, there is power in numbers. Who knows ya mite find somebody with a better boat, place or bait. It's a disease with no known cure, but can be controlled with lots of therapy. THERAPY = da creek.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its ok to be a fishing addict. But save sometime to spend with the family doing what they like. There has to be a balance for everything to work.:smile2:

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I think your hooked more than the fish are:smile2:

Wait a minute !!!!!!! I think I am too.:eek:oooh:

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This sounds like an effective and workable plan. Congrats on your ability to pull this off...............................but how are things at nighttime????

12. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    My name is Angie, and I am also a catfish-a-holic. Luckily for me, Jeff is into hunting all year, and my daughter goes to her dad's every other weekend so I have plenty of free time to fish.

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Hi, my name is will, & i am a fishaholic. Now that we got that out of the way, let's go fishing!!!!

14. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    yea its over for me all i do is fish talk fish heck last night i dreamed bout chasing skips up and down the river oh no:crazy:

15. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Who isnt addicted to fishing. I mean what would a man do without. Go crazy am I right.:big_smile:

16. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yes! my name is Mark and I'm a catfish-a-holic!! and darn proud of it!! And yes my wife supports my habit. GOD BLESS HER!!lmao!:wink:

17. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey brother hilljack, i get more action at night on the water than off, if ya know what i mean!!:smile2:

18. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Thank goodness, I am not the only "catfishing addict". I have the disease,I think it is called catfishitis, really bad. NO CURE! It is so bad, I had to buy a small freezer to put my frozen shad in since my refrigerator freezer was crammed with the smelly little things. To make this addiction "better", the Ohio River is in my back yard. I have even seen fish jump out of the water and wave at me. Repeat after me...I will continue to fish as long as I live! :tounge_out:

Be safe...
    Linda

19. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree its ok to be a fishing addict trust me im the exact same way I love fishing to me there is no greater joy to me than fishing and being able to catch some nice size cats, hopefully you will be able to catch some nice fish, dont let it bother you either, fishings fun keep up the good work.

20. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I own about 25 rods ( I think) and my wife thinks I am nuts. But U can't use one rod for everything. U have to have heavy catfish rods (8 of them) light catfish rods (5 of them) and a few bass rods to catch bait..... Then there are the bream rods (5 or 6 of them) OH I forgot about the 3 surf casting rods that I have that I don't use..... DOES THIS SOUND NORMAL TO U:cool2: