I think I'm gonna Cry

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jun 24, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Went to the Pond, that I have been fishing, this morning and as I pulled into the road that led to the pond there was a gate that had been put up across the bridge since I had been there last. No signs of no trespassing or anything but the gate was locked up solid.

Guess I won't be fishing that pond no more.:confused2::cry:

2. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    That really suck's.It is so hard to find a spot with little fishing pressure these day's.Seems like every time you do some big wheel buy's everything up.Two word's to you BOLT CUTTERS Just joking!!!!!:wink:
    Good luck finding somewhere else.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That stinks really bad. I've had that problem before with a couple of great ponds except they just said no more fishing there. One of them was my best bait pond that I had stocked some cats in and there were/are some huge carp and bass in it also.....:angry:

4. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    This is how the Duke Boys would solve the problem.

Most likely they'd use the General but Cooter's old wrecker might be better. They'd either run right through it or if they used the wrecker they could pull the gate down.:smile2:

Seriously, though...it does, indeed, suck.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    :sad2:Maybe you could find out who owns it and gain permission. I assume they found out someone was fishin on it and locked er up . Several ponds around here that I could fish if I wanted too, Just dont have my 4wheeler anymore to get to them. Good cats in em too.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had gates to river spots locked up...I know how you feel.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry to hear about the pond. It is getting harder to find good holes to fish in these days

8. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I worked with a really nice fellow in Augusta that had several catfish ponds. He sold the catfish as fingerlings. He did have one pond set aside for fishing for him and some friends that was stocked with bream, bass and channels. Anyway, he had two rules, no minnows, and CPR his albinos. Sure enough another "gentleman" from work went out there with permission and violated both of the only two rules. No more fishing for anyone but family. This guy worked hard on these ponds and started knowing nothing about them. In fact, when he went to get his first stock for the pond he loaded his duelly with 55 gallon drums and went to the hatchery. Walked out with about a thousand fish....in several Dixie cups.LOLOLOLOL The bottom line, the owner probably ran into something like this kind of behavior from someone else. I am sorry for your loss here.:sad2::angry::angry::angry:

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Darn it Kevin, sorry about your deal their. Would be nice if you can get permission to fish it.

Reminds me of that song " signs "....I think Tesla remade it last...good song !!

-Jim-

10. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    There was one pond...so we thought until the big tornado of 1997 proved us wrong...just up the road from where I grew up. Everybody who lived there knew it was on private property but it got fished by strangers anyway. Then the tornado came and blew the trees down and we discovered that the land behind the big pond was just a narrow strip and there was a second pond behind it. Now I never fished either of them-where I'm from you respected your neighbor's property. But it makes me wonder who got them when the old man passed on and if I could get permission to fish them when I'm back home, if there's any fish in them.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Kevin, so you were fishing in someones pond without their permission?

I can't say I blame whoever owns the property. That's their right to put up a gate and lock it.

12. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Your right Dayton but, from what I was told when I was told about the pond was that the owner sold it or let it go back to the city.

I was a mis informed innocent bystander.