I Think I Need Help

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by mikeskywalker, Aug 7, 2006.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well brothers im in need of some intervention i think im becoming a BASS fisherman

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    NOOOOO. Get some cut bait and a big rod and find some cover in the river and catch yourself a catfish!

3. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I think i need to find someone with a couch in there jonboat to talk me out of it

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Oh no,,, don't go over to the dark side.

5. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My advice would be: Stop bank fishing for hours at all of the easy access spots that get over fished and get on a boat, get a bunch of fresh caught shad and fish the Des Moines river one hole at a time for 15 minutes at each spot.....that gives you plenty of time to catch all of the biters and then move to the next spot to keep the action going. Not always fast and furious but at times it can be! Sometimes you won't even have an option to fish 2 poles because you are too occupied! trust me I know where you are coming from it can be frustrating spending hours trying to catch cats and not having things work out as expected and then knowing that you can go to any lake or pond and catch bass just adds to the frustration, but it is still not worth it...... I fished the Des Moines river this last sunday in the heat of the day from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and didn't have a great day but I still managed 9 channel cats the smallest was about 2.5 lbs and the largest one was just over 8 lbs and the rest averaged around 4 lbs. Not a great day but I've never recalled catching 9 bass that averaged that weight for an average day of fishing! Not to mention the fight they put on.

Whats making you lean towards bass fishing instead of cats? Is it the lack of catching them, the spots you have access too or just frustrated? Let us know...There are a lot of us on here with boats, we'll take you out and try to help you remember why catching cats is so much fun.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is awful someone help the poor guy! Catfishing is our game not bass fishing,even tho I have ta say bass makes some tasty fillets once in awhile!pk
    powell:smile2:

7. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mike,

Keep the faith brother. I would say there are support groups out there, but this is the best one of the bunch. Stay tough, I know the dark side is strong, but hang in there pal. We are here to help! You can beat this thing. :big_smile:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Quick! Somebody get him into detox!!!!

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey, Don't Ba$$ fisherman dress in pink shirts and hot pants!! LOL. Have you thought this one through!! LMAO:big_smile:

10. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Step away from the shiney baits and get some slime on you soon!

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Don't worry ill be in des moines on the 15th - we'll catch some cats and you won't have this problem anymore. lol

12. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    b@$$ makes great flathead bait!

13. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    WOW you guys love me lol lol Todd when are we going ? you said you would fix my personal best tell me when and i'll clear it with the misses

14. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Weekends are good...I got a catfish tourney this weekend though.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    An other near miss for a second thought you were gone:lol:

16. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I know how your feeling mike i haven't had much luck here lately either, But i'm not giving up to go BA$$ fishing i'll just keep plugging away amd hope the streek breaks, and i know i'm not alone on the lack of catching. Hang tough maybe you and i should get togather and go to coraville lake and see if either one knows how to drift fish. LOL never tried it dunno nuttin about how to rig it up etc.
    BUT hang in there the cats are waiting

17. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    oooo no, plez be jokeing i dont wont to do a nother exersisom

18. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    There's a picture on this website somewhere about how to do it. can't get the link to work right.

19. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well if i had a boat i would put a couch in it for you just to keep you from going that way.

20. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    just try to remember bass are bait its ok to fish for them as long as you put another hook in their arse