I think I have a new fishing partner, thanks ncfowler

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katsandsuds, Sep 28, 2008.

1. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have been looking for a way to get my wife into catfishing with me and since I didn't think she would get excited about sitting on the bank as the skeeters chewed on her all night, I thought a guide service would be a better idea. We went this Saturday with ncfowler, and had a great time.

The first fish she hooked into was a 9 lb channel, and a few minutes later, she pulled in a 6 lb'er. We caught several more smaller ones and then with about 30 mins left, an 8 lber grabbed her line and took off. She fought it for 5 mins or so before she could get it to the boat.

Long story short, she had a great time kicking my butt as I only managed several smaller ones. I think I may now have a new fishing partner which was exactly what I was hoping for, and I don't even mind all the bragging she has been doing. Thanks ncfowler for a great time and getting us on the fish.

Attached Files:

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    glad to hear you had a good trip & congrats on the new partner maybe she will let you catch some bigger ones next trip

3. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Sounds like you had a great trip, and some very good figuring.

I fish with my wife all the time, and I'm tickled pink to be able to share my love of fishing with her. When its all said and done she knows me better than anyone, and still puts up with me. Grin

I am lucky in that because of a big carp that stole her rod, my wife doesn't like fishing for "monsters" so she sticks to smaller hooks and nightcrawlers. Leaving me free to catch the bigger cats. :)

4. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Don't let it bother you tooo much that she out fished you! I took my wife fishing out there with NCFowler about 6 weeks ago and guess what???? Yep - she out fished me too! Jeff knows where to find some nice cats!

Your wife didn't sit in the back of the boat did she??? My wife did and I think that was the key!

5. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    gents it's not where you sit on my boat, it all comes down to who is the better angler,:smile2: and besides she was using my special good luck reel.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Brandon, glad you had such a great trip with your new fishing partner.