I think I got who-doo'd!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Ok, so I think the title of this message says it all...

My g/f Tamm goes with me on almost every fishing trip I go on, she says she dont want to fish in the beginning, then she wanted to fish one day. So, we was at a lake in a residence that is private and no license needed. So I set her up with an ultra-light and off she goes...

Few days later, she asks if we can go fishing which is no problem for me!!!

Well, we posted a few days ago about her first bluegill.... Well, since that day I personally have fished a few times. I went to a buddys house a couple days ago, and I asked her if she wanted to fish again, she was all for it. Well, this is where I think I got duped....

We get there, she is ready... I hand her a pole, she has the bait in hand!. I never had to bait her hook, she got the bee moth out of the jar, she baited her hook. She walked out on the little dock, and she catches a fish, she did try to remove it from the hook, but I had to eventually show her with the spikes on the back... Well, she tried again, and asked for a rag to take it off, she was successful... Well, she proceeds to catch approx. 35-40 bluegills in about 2 hours time!!! I am very proud, but.... The kicker about being duped, she continues to say 1 more fish, 1 more fish! I am digging this ok?, she is taking the fish off, and she is WIPING the SLIME on her TANK TOP!!! Man, for someone who dont like bait, dont like fish, dont like smell, dont like slime, she is doing alot of all the things she dont like here!!!

I think it is awesome she can catch my bait, but I think it is time I start slowly working her into catching something besides bluegill!

What do ya'll think?

I will admit, I am very proud here, she is fishing, she is having fun, and she is doing it with me!!!

2. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Well you can push her but id say let her go at her own pace. Im sure it wont take long before she wants to catfish.

Fud

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    jim say like you have a bait catching machine:smile2::smile2::smile2:--:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: now time for the big boys flatties just let her go at her own pace tho cuase :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Youve created a monster :crazy: Just wait till she drags a monster catfish onto the bank then its all over for you :smile2:

5. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    yeah i think she needs to catch some catfish:smile2:

6. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    She is a BOC member, her user id is justAwatcher

7. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Jim, sounds like you got one you DONT want to CPR... That one is definately a keeper brother!

keep up the good work tamm! in no time youll be catching BIG ole flats, and making jim wanna cry..lmao:smile2:

8. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    mine will do that and clean'm:big_smile:

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    By the sounds of it, it won't be long she will be ready to hit the big ones!

10. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    So, ya'll I just like catching bluegill I'm content with catching them everyone in awhile.. Not that I could do it everyday..

But hey Jim, when are we going fishing again so I can catching more bluegills???? :)

11. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Either tonight after the races at IRP, or tomorrow, we can fish all day and into the night!!!

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    You better stop taking her fishing.. If not I can see it now. Man my girl friend is out fishing me.
    She is catching all the fish. :big_smile: My wife is like that. One more fish. And is is not about to let me or anyone else beat her fishing if she can help it.:eek:oooh:
    But Man I sure enjoy the time we spend fishing together. Also with her loving to fish as much as I do, she does not say anything about buying fishing supplys.:wink:
    Pete

13. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    sweeet! if we go tonight Fayth will sleep and I can fish! :) if we go tomorrow 9 out of 10 times I will be kid chasing instead of getting to fish.. Ohhh wait I don't like to fish and I don't like the smell or slime :)
    It's a true story I don't like the smell because it stinks and I don't like the slime because it's nasty; but I would rather it be on my shirt then on my hands!

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    one thing is obvious... she's reelin' in more than just fish:wink:

15. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh: now what would happen if you catch a flatties who is going take it off the hook :wink::wink::wink: and if you catch your first flattie you have to kiss it tamm

16. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    My wife got her new PB last night of 7lb 8oz. Her first blue. She started with the blue gills as well. If I could just get her to cut the eels.:roll_eyes:

17. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    I will only be catching bluegill :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  18. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    Bill, Yes I'm not only reeling in bluegill; also Jim's bait...

Jimmy, I'm not kissing no fish... I will leave that to Jim and my daughter Fayth... *they are the fish kissers*

19. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I'd say you're lucky with what you got, why push your luck? My wife when she was still pre-wife always wanted to go with me if I was boat fishing, but wouldn't fish! All she wanted to do was get some sun without tanlines.:wink::wink: Well, I had to put a stop to that. But now, 13 years later, she won't go with me at all unless it's snaggin season, and that's just so she can be the driver. So be happy with the bluegill, it's still all fun:big_smile:

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Now that she has learned to take the hook out of the bluegill, teach her how to put the hook back in the bluegill and cast it out!!!!:smile2: