I think I found my problem

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You all know I am having a very bad year fishing, with many skunkings in a row.

So I was looking at my tackle today, and I thought of something, it is my landing net!:big_smile:

My net has reached its limit on catfish!!!

So I went out and bought the biggest net cummings makes, even has a lite on the handle.

Now I am all set and I am sure my luck will change!:smile2:

Even bought a bunch more line, and a new abu reel, if I cant catch fish, I will buy tackle by god!:crazy:

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i'm sending you a care package of all the good big fish mojo i can muster up Jack. that 60 pounder you are going to get will fit nicely in the new net.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    your right, just has to be the net :smile2:your luck will change now for sure

4. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I've been skunked all year, I think I've picked a bad year to start back. From what I here it's the same all over, nobody's catching much of anything anywhere. My local baitshop owner said he had his worst year ever at Lake Michigan. Sure has been a wacky weather season this year, it's gotta have something to do with it. I read a news story on Yahoo about a river in Canada that's supposed to have millions of trout moving north to spawn right now. The problem is that they've not shown up and there not sure where the heck they are. Maybe it's got something to do with the whole 2012 doomsday prophecies:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Hopefully that net will change your luck and mine in some way.:tounge_out::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::embarassed:

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    That had to be it Jack! LOL! Good luck on your next trip out! Now you wont have to resort to Liver!:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hang in there Jack! Have you tried hotdogs yet?:smile2:

Personally.....I'm having one of my slowest years ever! Hopefully this fall and winter will pull me out of my slump too.:confused2:

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    next trip will be the one! I have a feeling your gona hook a fish that makes you look down and say "thank god i got a bigger net":wink:

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, here's the deal. You are on the right track, but the most crucial part of the plan must be and I repeat must be that you accidently forget and leave the new net home. Having no net on the river practically insures catching a big flat. Do you have the nerve it takes to do this ? lol :canny:

9. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I have'nt been out as much this year because I have been busy. With that said I have'nt caught that many fish and I can't tell whether it is because of the lack of time spent on the water or other causes. I know this, the lack of rain does'nt help much and there are alot more people out fishing. I hope your luck changes for you.

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think what you need is to get away from the Scioto. A trip back over here to the Hocking might work. And not to any of the easy fishing spots. We need to go to one that requires some walking or better yet me strapping you in my canoe to get to some holes that are hardly ever fished. :wink:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    What you need is start fishing at night and lay off the cut shad.

A nice smallmouth bass will get the job done.:cool2:

12. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now I knew there was a reason I've been contemplating gettin a new net :big_smile:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Take control Jack.. "Your day will come".

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have tried fishing at night with live bass, that dont even work

15. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man i wish you some luck! i hope this pays off for you soon! You deserve it...

16. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    that's the ticket and make sure you leave your camera with the net , I've had a couple of fish jump the line as soon i as i mentioned the word camera
    :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::smile2:

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    take my mother in law with ya and jsut watch her catch them..youll still get skunked but at least it will...uh..yeah it wills till suck

18. shadowman

shadowman New Member

State:
    nc
    hey if it works let me know i may need to go buy a net.

19. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    When in doubt, buy more gear! :wink:

20. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    That sounds like the best bet:wink: