Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

I think I forgot how

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  lebeaux 
#1 ·
i recently have been posting alot of information on how to...and giving all the knowledge that i have learned nearly from the years. talking about bait selections, seasonal movements, and other tactics...only, to enter a local cat tourney tonight, which we usually do fairly well in. To catch 1 nice keeper.. a 3 pound saugeye!!! yeah saugeye...no flats no channels NOTHIN!! took a big warmouth on my mod.3-way rig! so my excuse is,.. that i have became dumb do to all the info. i have gave, there is nothing left for myself! ??? lol rollo

#4 ·
I wouldn't toss out your rods just yet Rollo. Even the professional bass tourney guys sometimes come to the ramp with no fish. Granted they have 3 days to fish but they still get skunked every now and again.

#5 ·
Let me get this straight Jason........
Are you saying that you have givin away your "MoJo" along with all those tips?????

I don't think so!!!

Even the best catfish tournament fishermen have a bad day on the river now and then. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!!!

#6 ·
i think the disappointment end of it was the main thing. i have caught some good fish this year, but tournament fishing hasn't been very successful. seems like i can never get my marbles to fall in place when i have needed them too. last night was the worst night i think i have ever had!! oh well, gotta start thinking about the next trip out now! lol...rollo

#9 ·
I felt that way last sat night. We fished all night and although I did manage a 26 lber, we had 4 good runs early sun AM and couldn't hook up to save ourselves. No excuses, just missed the hook sets. Started to remind me of the early days of trying to fish for flatheads and not having much of a clue @ all as to what I was doing! Frustrating:angry: All that said, there's still not going to be a clearance on fishing tackle @ my house any time soon:wink:

#10 ·
i know what you are saying. i always, before this yr. weigh in 5 fish.. so when i walk in with 2, 3 fish people think im holding a bigun back..!! kinda embarrasing! but, that's fishing !...and i'm doing it the legit way! ..so i have nothing to feel bad about, besides not catching. i have done darn well in the lakes though... so i really can't be too upset, but.. i'm like every guy..i expect only good trips every time out! rollo

#12 ·
What a LOSER, We don't care how hard it is for you to catch a 5 fish limit LOL. Some of us out here have never caught 5 fish in a year! I'm just messin with ya Rollo LOL. But remember ,there are folks out here that have never even seen a Flathead let alone catch 5 of them in one night. I'm down here praying you don't catch another one this year LOL. Till I get that 50 pounder first. Let's ramp Ellis, S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.