I think I broke my own bluegill catching record last night!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by kitsinni, Jun 5, 2009.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was out catching bluegills for tonight at Miami Whitewater lake last night. I think I broke my own record from when I was a kid and used to slay them. In about 1 hour with 1 tub of wax worms (2 dozen I think) I ended with 46 bluegill and 4 crappie. :smile2:

2. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Wow!! That is a pile of bluegill!!

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice catches! I really enjoy catching Bluegills when they are biting like that. My record is 45 big Bluegills in 1 hour. They were on the beds and I was rigged with splitshot and small hook fishing on bottom. I must have been casting right on top of a bed, because the bait wouldn't even hit the bottom before a big Bluegill was on. What a blast!:big_smile:

4. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Most of these ones are actually pretty big. I started with the traditional hook splitshot and bobber. By the time I was done I just had one small crappie hook on the line with a wax worm and I was basically fly fishing with it. It would hit the water by the time it sunk I had a fish on. It was a blast.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Acouple week ends ago we caught a little over 300 and kept 85 for bait that I devided up in gallon zip locks and froze up . We was using wax worms also . Here we get 400 wax worms for 8 bucks .

6. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm a big time Bluegill fisherman.Hell,my email is Bluegill Ben and I use caneploes to catchem.I've been fishing the spawn at Buckeye Lake the last week or two and have been killing them.My Dad started me out on canepoles over 50 years ago and I can't quit.If you can reach em you can really hammer em.Not just Bluegills but Crappies and any other kind of fish up to 4 pounds or so.I love dropping right in the brush-there is just something therapuedic about a bobber going under.We eat most of the big ones,except a few we need for bait for the big boys.Bluegill fishing is a great way to keep the little ones interested as we lead them up to the bigger fish.Right now with most of the big cats on the spawn,its a good alternative for awhile.Good fishing and be safe.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Niko congrats on a great catch of bluegill. Wax worms work well.

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Im taking the kids tonight to go catch a ton of bait..hopefully...ya know how it is.."the kids" just cant get enough of them blue gill lol

9. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In found a pond next to the river that houses some huge hand sized sunnies and bluegill. I had a female channel cat that couldn't have been more the 3 pounds try and eat a half of one of them.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats man... Panfish are a blast!! rollo