I think I am to soft hearted

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jun 15, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thnigs really get to me at times, especially when I think about life and death.

In the big picture fishing really does not mean much if anything to me.

What matters is my family and the few friends I have..With the passing of Tony today, I really got an eye opener.

I went and saw my dad and hugged him and told him I love him..I also told my wife how lucky I was to hvae her and that I loved her also.

I have been loving on my 15 month old son all day, and praying to god he lets me live long enough to see him grow up, I am almost 50 so that kind of worrys me.

Sorry if I am bothering you guys, but the death of a man I never knew has really gotten to me.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    its not a bad thing to hold high value on your life ,family and friends.. i also think about this alot since men in my family never really make it into the 50s and i am 30 and i have a lot of problems already and have three young girls to raise . but loosing a friend or family member really does open your eyes wide... hold that little one especially tight the young ones need all the love they can get!!

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I know how yoy feel Jack. I lost my Dad when he was only 49 years old. I am so grateful that he knew how I felt about him. When I was younger I used to leave notes by his coffee pot telling him to have a good day and that I loved him. Looking back I can see how much that meant to him. Fishin means alot to me because that is what we did and that is how I spend time with him. Life is short and too many take it for granted. We all will die someday, that is a reality we must face. We must take everything one day at a time and let the people we love know.You dont always get a second chance and regret can hurt worse than anything.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its not that you're too soft hearted, Its just you have a BIG Heart and care a lot about others. Thats a great quality in my book!!!:wink::big_smile:

BTW, I'm still waiting on that e-mail....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i know how you all feel i lost my dad at age 47 and that was in 1985 i have the same problems that he had diabetes , high colesterol and blood pressure and i will be turning 50 next friday but one never knows when the man upstairs wants to take you home and i just lost my mother march 30th at age 68

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    no brother,what it means is you have a heart,something thats getting harder and harder to come by these days.
    i never knew him myself,but hold a heavy heart.he was a good man,and from what others have said he sounded like a great friend.i was looking forward to meeting him this coming saturday,as well as a few others.

7. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    TOO MANY men do not have. Compassion! I for one see that as GREAT quality. I never had the chance to meet Tony either. But I share in the loss of a fine outdoorsman like many others here. You were just man enough to put into words how many of us felt and didn't know how to say. Thank you sir.

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mr. Flathunter,

That just shows the passion that you have for life and your family, not every body has that kind of heart , that is something God has given to us , as it is said He loves us so much that He gave is only Son for us, now that is the great love that He has inspired within you. God Bless you for who you are and what you stand for in this life

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Even I get soft sometime Jack.

My old amn got cancer in 2003 and it was a tough time. My grandpa died in 2006 and both incidence made me open my eyes not to take life for granted.

10. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey I know the feeling Jack. when I almost lost my son it made me stop and look at life just alittle differently. Thats the reason i started that fishing buddies thread. I hold my youngest everyday, and talk with my oldest everyday ( can't really hold him yet. ) you're not getting soft hearted. Just loveing more in life.