I think I am going to get a spinning reel!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CJ21, Jan 11, 2008.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think I am going to get me a catfishing spinning reel for my 8' Berkley Big Game Spinning Rod. I am looking at getting a Abu Cardinal C106 since it holds 150 yards of 20 lb test. and it at a cheap price to! I use this set up for using light weights and for throwing liver. :smile2:

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Sounds like a real good choice.

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Good choice, reel has good ratings also.

4. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Jackson III,
    Charles I am GLAD to see you giving the Spinning Reels a try. Don't sell them short as being only for "lightweights". I have a couple here on a custom rod and on a UGLY STIK Big Water Rod that I will gladly take on a 130+ Pounder Blue!!:big_smile: It's the 8' Heavy Action Rod 2-pc one. The custom one is a bit "meaner" than the Ugly Stik but I will take either rod in hand when that big one bites!
    If you want to get a bit deeper into Spinning Reels I would be glad to discuss the "Pros and Cons" of various Spinning Reels, Spinning Rods, Lines, ect. Just shoot me a PM. :big_smile:
    Besides, I'm a bit curious about your techniques and tactics in that area too having never fished there.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

5. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    i like those penn reels but i really enjoy flipping that bail!:smile2:

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good choice Charles. You will be surprised just how big of a fish you can land on that combo spooled with 20 # mono. Keep us informed. Thanks:big_smile:

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I know guys that use both the Penn and the Shimano bait runner reels. Both seem to do the job well.

8. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    i use both penn slammer liveliner and shimano baitrunner's. both work good, nice, smooth, good drags, and built tough.

daiwa black gold reels work good too.

vaughn

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks guys I hope to order it soon. It looks like a good reel.