I think I added 2 more catfishermen to the ranks!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jlingle, Jul 30, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    My wife and I took our kids and 2 other couples with their kids out to the cabin this weekend and stayed ALL dadgum weekend. Friday night I loaded up my 2 buddies, and their wives and kids met us at the fishing hole. These 2 fellas aren't catfishermen, but by golly I think they're catching the fever. Both of them know their way around with a rod & reel but most of their fishing experience is in bass fishing in farm ponds.

Anyway, I caught some shad & baited up 4 poles. Those guys were fishing with their kids beside me on the bank. I started just slaying the cats, and I was letting all the kids reel the fish in. Pretty soon the guys came & joined me and we really started catching the fish. I left the guys to man the poles and I went to catching more bait because we were going through it pretty quickly. They got to do the "hero" thing with the kids and let them reel in the fish for an hour or so and then the wives took the kids back to the cabin.

Me and the guys stayed and fished 'til 1:20AM, then the fish just shut off like a light. No more bites, or anything. But man oh man did we catch some cats. Nothing really big, but they were biting hard & fast for about 3 hours. I really don't know how many we caught because they were all released but a 40+ fish night would be a conservative estimation I think. One of the guys caught a 6lb. flathead, which is the only flat I've ever seen caught out of our local lake. That's kinda encouraging.

Anyhow, I think these guys have got the fever for sure. If we all weren't so wore out, we'd probably be fishing right now.

Jerrod

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Thats pretty awesome. Its good to see more people getting into catfishing. Reps to you for spreading the fever.

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like you guys had a blast...congrats on the catch.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like you did a good turn and it worked out....good job

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good job brother, you are a great man.

6. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks, brother. That's what it is all about, passing it on. Jack.

7. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Brother that is awsoms ..I bet them Kid's are still talking about that.This is what it is all about!!!!:cool2:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like all of you had a great time. You not only got your two buddies involved but also had the kids involved rep points for that.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah i agree with everyone else thats great and i bet you had the most fun always makes me feel on top of the world to see my kids pull in cats. way to go jerrod

10. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Awesome job recruiting your buddies!!! We definately have a lot of fun.