I suck

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 23, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am sure you remember in earlier post where I said I never catch flatheads in July...WELL, this year has been no different:sad2:

Every year I say I am not gonna fish in July, but every year I do:big_smile:

I think I have went out 6 times this month with 0 FLATHEADS CAUGHT!

But August is comming, and I hope an end to this dry spell.

The spawn has to end soon.

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Sorry Jack but I can't feel bad for a guy who nails 50+ lb flatties every year!!!!!!!!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2: SOME NERVE!!!! LOL! you will get some more hawgs buddy you always do....It's dead here too:sad2:

3. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Don't feel bad. I haven't got a flathead at all this year.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Jack the spawn is over I think it's just the water temps along with the levels of water. Caught a few an all have been in July so far this year altho I never tried for flats before two weeks ago. I started out slow to get a good catch of channels for fillets.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Its been really bad here too Jack...hang in there, they'll be back ; )

6. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Jack, it is repeatable. The pictures of fish from other areas may lure you out prematurely. I've gone back and read forum posts from previous years and it is always the same. The time frame is usually the same. The thing that throws me off is the period where very few but large flats are caught during the early spawn.

Locations factor in too. I know guys that fish wingdams and such have to wait a bit longer to get back into fish. I haven't been out for three weeks. It's a nice break. I know that I will get frustrated if I try. The little mind games kick in and by the time fish are actually biting again, I don't feel like going. My goal is to save up some entheusiasm for the fall. I always quit too early.

7. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One more week and July will be over. Hang in there the flats are coming!!!!

8. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    jack hang in there they are getting hungry seen few pics that guys have caught looking like they are starting to come offf spawn here :cool2::cool2:

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The summer doldrums.
    It has an effect from fishing offshore, surf fishing and inland fishing.
    It all slows down this time of year.

10. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm right there with ya Jack ! I always promise myself I won't go fishing this month and I still go and get skunked. It never fails. Thank God July is almost gone !
    Matt AKA DESODE

11. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    It is slow, but I went out on the Ohio Tuesday evening and had 5 hits. Boated 3 flatheads and one channel. The biggest flathead was only 19 pounds, but it's better than setting at the house!

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with every thing you said in the title of this post Jack. As for the flathead bite, well, what can I say' they all been netted or jugged out. You better find some new spots cause that's what it's gonna take to reverse the force of gravity, or should I say gravity? Lighten up dude, things have to get better! Don't make me come down there and show you how to relax........... :cool2:

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    ive only got one flat this year i hope things get better but my pb was caught in july but it was the 29th lol

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    it's been just as slow over here in PA, alot of smaller fish under 10# :confused2:

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    el nino strikes again. whenever this happens we seem to have a cooler than usual summer and that just seems to put the damper on the big fish bite.

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    at least you have caught at least one this year................:roll_eyes:

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's all right- every night you don't fish, you're skunked. I actually fished tonight- (just got in) -I still got skunked.... I will be there when they're ready though - and so will you - it's in our blood, and there's no controlin' it :eek:oooh: lol

hey Jack, might try the hours before dawn bite time.. hell, I may head back out....

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Yea you do suck. LOL!

19. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    We all suck from time to time! I went again yesterday and caught one flathead. A 19 incher!!
    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! :0a1:

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol I DID go back after I posted this... so now, I guess I got skunked twice in 12 hours......