I smell wolverine meat

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by s_man, Oct 29, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    No one can deny the best team in the country any longer. No more USC. And if you mich. fans think the northwestern defense is as good as Ohio States, I need you to tell me what color the sky is in your world. LOL
    One more thought, if you can only score 17 points you will have a long afternoon on the 18th. LOL GO BUCKS.

2. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    The only chance Michigan has on the 18th is the whole Ohio State team has the flu and are all in the hospital,Ohio State's defense is getting better and better and Michigan couldnt move the ball against northwestern. Michigan only won because of 5 turnovers by Northwestern,you know the Buckeyes will not turn the ball over that much

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I honestly dont see anyone that can beat them this year. Michigan is good but unless the whole team screws up and pulls a Maurice Clarrett and tries to rob someone where they are all in jail :roll_eyes: I just dont see it happening. Oh yea

GO BUCKS :cool2:

4. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I'm A Notre Dame Fan, But I Agree OSU Is The Best Team In College Football This Year And I Don't See Michigan Or Anyone Else Beating Them.

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm sorry to tell you brothers this, but there's at least four teams out of the best conference in America, the SEC, that would beat Ohio State.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Let's see, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee?

Auburn beaten badly by Arkansas
    LSU has to play Tenn this weekend dropping the # to 3
    plus lost to Auburn and Florida.

Florida lost to Auburn and barely got by Tennessee, and Georgia.

Tennessee lost to Florida, albeit by 1 point but barely got by Air Force and Bama and was close in South Carolina although had great wins at Cal and Georgia.

Arkansas? Crushed by USC (not all that strong either) Barely got by Vandy and Bama.

Ohio State- Destroyed Northern Illinois (Best RB in Country IMHO) Hurt Texas the then #2 team in the country
    Beat Penn State (ranked) Iowa (ranked) Crushed MSU who had the Irish on the ropes til choking.
    Is allowing less than 8 points a game yet known for it's vaunted offense. Leads the Big Ten in takeaways.
    Has the leading Heisman candidate
    Is going to play another #2 team on Nov 18th, a team which has shown some weakness, however for that game throw the stats away.
    Is the SEC going to send a 1 loss team to the Nat Champ game ahead of WV if they win out (or Louisville)?

What do you see that I don't see? :smile2:

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The writing on the wall!

My prediction is that in the coming weeks: Michigan is upset by Indiana, Michigan beats Ohio State, a 12-1 Texas and a 12-1 Florida both jump past Ohio State, Michigan, and an undefeated West Virginia. Don't call me crazy just yet, let the games play out and we'll see! No disrespect, I'm just trying to have a little fun with this fellows!

Shawn, just how do you see it playing out?

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Remember the old adage about pro football...something about "on any give Sunday". Just paraphrase that slightly. I would say that right now, in the eyes of the pollsters, OSU is number one...but they haven't played every team in the US and there are some of them they will never play. So, just be content with the ratings you have now and don't thump your chest like Tarzan...you'll only get bruised.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    While I cant stand them I really dont think that is going to happen. I personally base it on the football that I have watched (SEC/PAC/BTen). I dont watch all the games mostly from highlights of all of them. When watching most of the other teams out there it seems they are trying too hard to get whatever play they need to do. Ohio State is fluid compared to the rest of the teams out there. Im not saying that they cant be beat I just dont see it happening this year. I believe Shawns post really hit the nail on the head. Stats aside OSU (The real OSU :lol: ) is just the best Team out there and are playing like so.

10. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have to say I have seen a few OSU games and while Im not a fan by any means I do think they have the most solid team this year. Could Tennessee or Florida or Auburn give them a run for their money? Sure if it A team showed up unfortunately if the Tennessee team that played air force showed up it would be over in the first quarter.

About WVA its like the columnist from ESPN said there are 38 teams that would still be undefeated (on paper) with that schedule do I think they are as good as everyone claims? Nope sure don't I think if they played a team that forced them to throw the ball they would be beaten badly. It would be clemson-VT all over again. Those are my ramblings on the subject

11. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    No disrespect taken. If opinions were airplanes this would be BOC International Airport so to speak.

Hmmm. What do I see. I don't see IU beating Michigan. I do see Michigan getting soundly beaten... not crushed by the Buckeyes. OSU just has way too many offensive weapons. Two stud RB's 2 1st round caliber WR's 2-3 2-4th round WR. As for defense the best front 4 in the nation free up a ball hawking secondary.

What I see is if Michigan were to beat OSU in a close game is a repeat for #1. If OSU wins I see OSU Florida. I thought earlier in the season Auburn or LSU because of the defenses I watched.

I don't see a team that will put OSU down this year.

But.... it is College football. Look at my St Louis Cardinals in MLB. You never know.

12. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Everyone said a few years ago that Ohio State could never compete with Miami in the Fiesta bowl and they went out and beat them, the following year they said they couldnt hang with Kansas State and they beat them too, Last year everyone was saying that Notre Dame would beat the Buckeyes in the desert and low and behold Ohio State went out and beat them,this is a trend to all the non-believers,every team that people say Ohio State can't beat they go out and beat. So send any SEC team you want and history will repeat it's self

13. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I guess we'll have to wait and see to find out, won't we Steve.

14. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Do I smell a wager perhaps? One could bet whether an SEC team will even make it to the big game, or if OSU will be upset before the end of the season. And one could bet on the game if it is OSU and an SEC team.

I am willing to cover some if y'all feel the pride enough to bet your folly. :roll_eyes: :eek:oooh: :lol: :cool2:

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Thats just the thing I see year in and year out. Every bowl bame the Bucks play in the talking heads give them no chance to win. The vaunted Hurricanes would crush them, Kansas state scored too many points and the bucks couldn't keep pace, with notre dame, charlie wiess had three weeks to prepare for the bucks and he couldn't lose. Yea right. Every year the fans and coaches in the SEC vote themselves the toughest conference in the world just because none of them can go undefeated. It gets tiresome after a few years.The best 3 teams in the SEC this year couldn't go undefeated in the big ten either. We do have some talent and speed up here too. Hard hitting defenses, quality offenses and skilled players. It just looks to me like OSU is the most balanced team in all aspects from offense, defense,kicking,punting. When you can put it all together like they have this year it just makes hard for any team in the country to find a weakness to exploit. But yes we will have to see how the rest of the season goes. But there seems to be a big drop off between 1 and 2 and 3 through 10.