I smack a Big Cats booty!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LadyValea1, Sep 22, 2008.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Ok, ya all know I'm just a newly certified diver..so I'm at Clear springs scuba park the other day and I was teasing perch with my finger.. they would not fall for my finger:sad2: But later, about 10 feet down.. I spotted two big ole cats searching for food in the tall hydrilla grass...they looked at me and continued to forage..it was cool, they looked like bloodhounds tracking a scent...I could not resist..I really only tap the hindquarters of the big ole cat! he just turned and looked at me like a bloodhound dog growlin:embarassed:
    Sorry mister catfish for disturbing your lunch hour.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on your certification. I always wanted do be a diver but never got around to it. This will open a whole new world to you. Enjoy and keep us posted on what you see.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sounds like a cool experience. I would love to take a dive in my local waters to see what is down there.:wink:

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That would be cool! I don't think id be able to see much on the bottom of the Mississippi river though! :crazy:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the certification and on the exciting trip. Could learn alot watching cats this way

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Aren't many that make that claim. LOL! "COOL"

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    One of the places I dive is in the New River. Diving classes go there every weekend so the fish are used to divers. A few years ago I was there and saw a big Blue Cat in 45 feet of water. I laid down on the bottom next to him to gauge his size. I am 6'3" and he was almost as long as me. I'd say he was a good 5 feet or better and over 100#. He wasn't as fat as the current US record but long and skinny. On the other side of a huge rock face was a group of about 18-20 big flatheads, the smallest one was about 20#, the largest about 45#. I then went into shallower water and caught 4 or 5 Crayfish, went back and hovered over the flatheads. I released the Crayfish one at a time and watched the cats gobble them up before they could get to the bottom. Pretty cool! Another place i dive is a quary that is run just for divers. The bass in there have learned to stay under a divers belly at night and follow them. When your light hits a small fish, the bass zip out and eat them, then come back and swim with the diver until they see another bait fish.

8. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    yep...guess i got to go get certified now cause if i can't catch em at least i can whip one....lol