I Slayed Em Here

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Boondock, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
    I made the annual trip to Port Saint Joe this November, Caught 50 or more 2+ ponder in an hour under the highland view bridge.

Use Squid and enough wieght to get to the bottom and you should be on em just as I was!

Also my uncles marina is there under the bridge if any of the brothers/sisters need a place to launch or a place to go and trade ole stories, it is called "Captains Cove"

Ask to talk to Danny, he's a great man, tell em Ross from Louisville sent I'm sure he will take care of you.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sounds like a great trip. What were you catching?

3. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
    Not Quite sure, they looked like channel cats to me. But when it come to fish in the Ocean I'm not the greatest ID'er

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sounds like they were plain old saltwater catfish; what is usually referred to as 'hardheads'. They do look like freshwater cats, but they sure don't taste like them! YUK! Now, gafftopsail cats are a different matter. They also look like regular cats, but they are generally lighter colored than the hardheads, and they have what kind of looks like a little pennant flag on their top fin. That's where the 'topsail' part comes in. They are also pretty good to eat. Oh, if you can't get a really bloody fish, like a barracuda, the hardhead does make a halfway decent shark bait.