I should've lied!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by tackleholic, Jun 10, 2009.

1. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I was fishing this morning next to an older gentleman for about an 1/2hr this morning at Deams Lake. He had hooked into someone else's line & thought that it was mine. I'd assured him it was'nt mine only to find out a minute later that the line was tied to a rock! He kept reeling it in only to find a 15" bass on someone else's line. He tried to measure it only for it to flop towards the water but he caught it about a foot from the water. He losted it the 2nd time for it to flop in the water only about 1" before I caught it & gave it back to him & helped to hold it down for measurement.
    He placed the bass it his basket & hooked into a larger bass that got away. Just a few minutes later the T-storms hit hard. Good-bye honesty!:angry:

Not all GOOD FISHERMEN are LIARS!:wink:

2. jasonpkn

jasonpkn New Member

State:
    indiana
    have you caught very many catfish out of deam lake, i was there saturday night until about midnight fishing around the boat ramp on that point going out into the water, but no luck, if you do catch some what bait are you using?

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    welcome to the boc jason ..what part of indiana are you from?

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jason.

5. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Deam's not in my neck of the woods but welcome to the boc.

6. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    That's the spot we were at, & no I never have caught any from Deams Lake.:angry: Welcome to the boc.:wink:

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    should have known adam would rig up some way to get on the internet on the beach while catfishin the ocean. lol ..... oh and welcome to the BOC jason

9. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome to the BOC jason!

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I drove back out to Deams Lake today & did good on fishing. I caught 6-7 channels all on nightcrawlers except a mudcat/yellowbelly on shad. I didn't use CPR, but I did use C&R. Catch & Release!:wink:

11. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Jason

12. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    I've fished deams lake alot over the years. Ther are some great catfish in that body of water. Some big redear to! Bass and so on. But if your lookn' for cats from the shore, Try in the corner of the dam. And if you can cast really far -like 100yards or so- than fish off of the bridge but stay along the shoreline within 30 feet. Or you could just walk through the woods along the shore untill you find a clearing... The old boat docks are good spots to.

13. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    welcome to boc jason :tounge_out: