I realized I am going crazy

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by SGTREDNECK, Jul 25, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    :smile2::confused2::sad2:So today I was scanning ebay for good deals. And I ran across 6 matched 7' Shakespeare Ugly Stiks, Tiger Lite, Heavy Action, 14 to 40 lb line, BWCC 2200, Fuji reel seats, blank through handle construction. Seven (7) aluminum oxide guides, plus tip. So yea needless to say I bought them. I have bought way too many fishing rods and reels since i have been here so when i get home expect to see some nice rigs for sale on here. So I am wondering what i should put for reels on these bad larrys? Abu 7000i red90.60? Anyone uses any of these reels? or the ABU6500c3 for 85.95? Any suggestions would be great appreciated. These will probally end up being flathead rods and my drifting rods.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Can't go wrong with either of the reels

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    The 7000 will handle heavier line a bit easier (40-50#), and the 6500 will provide a nice feel with 20-30# line.. If you're using mono..
    I like the louder clickers and a bit heavier drags on the 7K series. but, the 6500 is awfully hard to beat. Of the reels you mentioned, the 6500 will have spool bearings, whereas the red 7K's have bushings, and I'd think there will be a noticeable difference in the way they cast.. of course, the red 7K's can have bearings installed , then, all is Good.
    I'd probably do a few of each,,,,,,,:big_smile:
    Congrats on the good deal, and, we're ALL a bit Craazzzyyy..

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  4. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    If I remember correctly from some of your previous posts, you are the one that can build the hell out of a ABU reel?

If so, I have a possible dumb question for you: Is it possible to put the clicker set-up from the 7000 series, on a 5000-6000 series? That way we could have the louder clicker, without having to buy a new reel? :) OR, is it possible to make the clicker louder on the smaller reels, somehow?

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the input. I am going to look around and see what kind of deals I can find. I am probally only going to keep 4 of them for myself. But I am not sure yet. I will probally go with 2 6500's and 2 7000's. Whatever I can find a good deal on. Anyone else finds a good deal they arent going to buy, let me know, i will snatch it up. Thanks again Andrew

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's not being crazy, it's a case of not being able to pass up a good deal.:wink: Stay safe and good luck with the accessories!!!

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi Rob,
    In the 6500 series reels, the Rocket, and the CS models, maybe a few others, have the same type of clicker/sideplate setup as the 7000's
    They look just like a bit smaller 7K, and have the same type of clicker slider button.
    The sideplates can be changed out, with related parts, and at that point it's very similar. I do think the larger sideplates of the 7K's gives a louder tone, just because they are bigger..in comparison to the CS,etc. style 6K's.
    Greg