I QUIT!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rasmotherman, Aug 19, 2009.

1. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    day 4 tobacco free. this isnt easy! i didnt think it would be a problem but it is. I chewed at least a can a day for the last 11 years. i guess it had ahold of me more than i knew. the cravings have slowed but are still there. this is by far the longest i have ever went without it so wish me luck. i think i am finally done.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to go !!!!!! keep it up !!!!

Ive also chewed for many years and im up to 2 cans a day :sad2: but i like it or im just plain dumb lol

keep us posted on your journy you will help many guys like me to finally kick the habbit :wink: !!!!!!!

again congrats and good luck

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    well good luck i quit smoking march 15 and still smoke free but im still dippin about a can every 3-4 days

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Rick!! I envy you!! I want to kick my habit of chewing tobacco too. I know the only way is to go cold turkey. I just need the willpower to do it. Reading your post gives me a positive outlook on this.

WTG Rick!! Keep it up!!

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :smile2::smile2: my boat would be alot cleaner if i quit chewing thats for sure !!!!! spitin into the wind is a bad thing for the boat lmao

and my wife might want to kiss me again !!!!:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:

7. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    keith im glad u said that im tryn to quit smokn and chew as u do every body is on my ass sayn its the the same. glad t know there is someone in that same boat with me.

8. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I lasted 6 days. Good luck!!!!

9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i wish u the best of luck my friend ,it takes a lot more will power than what i got:crazy:

10. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    man best of luck to ya its a hard thng to do

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck and hope you can stay off that nasty habit. I'm ready to start myself from the cigs.

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Power to you and best of luck in quitting. If you have made it for 4 days you can make it for as long as you want, just remind yourself that you're over the hump. Stay safe and stick with it!!!:wink:

13. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    what u just said aj makes me want to quit even more

14. bigwig531

bigwig531 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hang in there man, hard habbit to kick but im sure you can hang in there and have it out of the way in no time.

15. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Rick, hang in there. There will be many temptations, just keep fighting. I've been there, 25 years chewing, 4 tins a week and have been clean for 4 years now and counting.

16. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    this actually is hard. i am getting irritated easily. i have 3 girls under the age of 5 so i have to watch myself on that. every cup of coffee makes me want a dip (and i aint about to give up coffee too) i passed a big hurdle today. i went to west virginia to get the wifes cigarettes (tobacco is cheap there) and i didnt buy a can. i am getting ready now to go catch me some dinner. fishing is another trigger for me. i waited to tell anyone untill day 4 because i wasnt sure i could do it. im still not lol. now im on day five and i hope today is easier. yesterday i had to take quite a few walks to calm down. i will keep yall posted (hopefully some pics of fish too) thanks for the support guys. it actually helped a bit.

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Rick if your ready to do it then you will quit, I quit 5 month ago (smoking) and so far I havnt looked back and hasnt been that hard. I still want one I just dont buy them or smoke them.

18. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    been doin the snuff for almost 30 years now tried to quit sevearl times my record was 2 days , not an easy thing to do congrats rick on quiting

19. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    here is how my fishing went:angry:. i launched the boat...i was not in it but it slid off smoothly. i watch the boat drifting for about 3 minutes before i decide to go in after it. since it was 530 am i went ahead and stripped to my boxers and slid in. i swam to the boat then realized it is hard to climb in over the transom when you are as fat as i am. so i get in the boat and realize, i cant see. i knew i didnt take my glasses off. when did they fall off? sooooooo i grab the cast net and start at the dock. first cast gets caught on a rock. i rip it up out of the water...and there hangs my glasses. i should just go home at this point but no. i decide to get my efforts worth.
    i fished for an hour without a bite and it starts raining. i motor to the dock. tie the boat up extra good. back the truck up and hook up the boat. i start cranking and the hook snaps off. luckily i have a rope tied to my eyelet to pull the boat up with. (it is a redneck job). i didnt have to swim this time. i ripped the cable out of the winch wrapped the rope in the winch and started cranking. of course the rope starts coming undone so i wrap it through about 20 times and crank the crap out of it. the boat is home, i am home, and i think it is going to stay that way for awhile. oh i was tempted to get a can of chew on my way home but i figured that would turn into a disaster too. ok im getting a shower to get this stinkin lake water off me.

20. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    one up side was that the water was 78 degrees this morning.