I quit my job today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wishiwasfishin, Jun 22, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well me and the boss had a few words this morning and he told me that i needed my job to much to walk out the door...well um I DON'T THINK SO. truth be told i did need it but now i'm wondering what i'm going to do now. i might have made a big mistake or maybe it will turn out for the best in the long run.anyways i guess my job search starts tomorrow.wish me luck:confused2:

2. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Best of luck to you what kind of work are you in?

3. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    i been an electrician for about 8 years.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    If you hated your job that much it is probably for the best in the long run. Good luck on the job search and I hope you find one soon.

5. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    well just in case i think i got enough insurance around my ribs that i can hold out for a while.:big_smile:

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

good luck on your hunt. it won't take you long to find a job.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck on the job hunt brother.

8. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Dont that make the 4th electrician out of work on this site? I like "I was looking for a job when I got this one"!
    "Catfish Electrical"

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Being an electrician, I doubt that you will be hard pressed to find a job. Good luck on your adventure.

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Proud of ya! A good many bosses think they own you. it is good to put them in their place now and then. And the main reason that I do not carry much debt, it can literally make you a slave.
    My favorite was the boss that fired me for spending to much time at the hospital with my sick daughter... said it was costing the company too much money... Said no more time off or hit the bricks...I said no.. dumped me then he had to hire two people to do what I did! LOL! Hope your Exboss has the same troubles!

Good luck on the search for your better job! I bet you find it!

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have never had an opportunity to quit a job outright seeing as how I have been a Marine since I was 17. It must be a liberating feeling however short-lived it might be:confused2: . Hope that you are able to find a job soon bro. Maybe the Lord has something greater in store for ya!

12. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Best of luck to you Jason. Being an electrician I doubt you will have to search long before finding another job.

13. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    ya know as i was leaving the lot i just had to pop that cd in and i bet i heard it 10 times before i got home:smile2:

14. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Don't worrie Jason there is plenty of jobs for people who want to work,most people that don't have a job are like that by choice.

15. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    good luck on your job hunt

if u need food just go fishin lol, or if its winter, them squirrels dont taste to bad(imo kinda like rotarisserie(sp) chicken) :big_smile: , but good luck though

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    One thing some bosses don't seem to understand is that a job is just a job. Happiness and family are much more important. That's exactly what I told my last boss right before I told him to ki#$ my A#$. I've never regretted it.
    Like John said, this is America; you won't starve to death. There is work out there for anyone who is willing to work. You have good skills that will always be in demand. Make this work for you and I'm sure you'll find someplace that you're happier and could even make more money. You might even consider working for yourself. That's the best boss!

17. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I started my own business 16 years ago because of reasons similar to this.

I have never looked back!

Now I depend on myself and no one holds me back.

18. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Hey brother... best of luck in your search... it takes a real man to walk out when someone tells you you need your job too much... Being an electrition you shouldn't have any problems finding another job...

Best of luck and praying for ya!

19. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    good luck brother, hope it turns out well for you

20. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jason, Just remember, you were looking for a job when you found that one, I'm sure you will find one soon. Good Luck!