i put 4 pvc'limb lines" out last night for turtles (pics)

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by da-cajun-angla, Apr 13, 2008.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    there are drainage canals all throughout south la b/c were at very low sea level. im in laplace which is about 15min away from new orleans...anways, last night i put out 4 pvc pipes with 200lb power pro braided line with 2/0 hooks<----the size u use for turles) well imagine my surprise 2 of four had cats on em! the last one i picked up was wrapped up really bad around a plastic bag...something big was on that one...prob a snappin turtle damnit!lol...i made 16 more pvc "limb lines" last nigt. gonna put em out this evening. ill post those pics tomorrow evening.the pics make em look like flatty's, but im pretty sue they're bulls.
    shaun

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/da-cajun-angla/PICT0004-2.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/da-cajun-angla/PICT0003-2.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/da-cajun-angla/PICT0002-2.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/da-cajun-angla/PICT0001-3.jpg

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Them young flatheads will make for some Fine vittles. Also your lil' boy is a good lookin kid. Teach him to hunt and ya won't have to hunt for him. Thanks for pics Shawn

3. da-cajun-angla

State:
    louisiana

im french cajun...down here we're raised growin gardens, fishing, hunting, trap and net making, froggin, snappin turtle huntin...u name it, we do it. my boy jaden is where all my time goes...makin sure my heritage gets passed on!
    by the way, u think thats flatties? i think teir yellows...they have spots on em...look at the side profile...the pic of him head on looks like a flattie, but i dont think so b/c of the shape of the head. its not as tapered as a flattie...
    thanks for the comment!,
    shaun

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was raised in south ark. the same way you described. I still live the same way and wouldn't change it if i could.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I thought it was flats at first too... but that lower lip isn't protruding out. I am no expert, but I think that is yellow bullhead indeed.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thats some nice looking fish thanks for sharing the pics with us

7. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Pretty positive those are bullheads, look at this 1lb. flathead for sure to compare. When I caught it I was very surprised on how flat the head actually was.

Attached Files:

8. da-cajun-angla

State:
    louisiana
    not bein' mean or anything, but i cant help but to see that this guy is making posts just to "up" his rank...which i don't really see the point...but hey...whatever creams ur twinkie:eek:oooh:

9. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    At first glance in your closeup pics they do look like flatheads. But upon further inspection I would agree that they are indeed bullheads.

And I think Matt was just trying to thank you for posting the pictures and congratulating you (compliments). That's what people do on this website. I don't understand the hostility.

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    no he is right.. about 95&#37; of catfisherman_eky3s posts are one liner post count padders and it is pretty annoying to click on the [new post link] and read a whole page of one liner posts that amount to nothing ... but he isnt the only one doing it... :confused2: he had 67 1 line posts between 1pm and 9pm yesterday.... over 50 of them were between 7pm and 9 almost a post every 2 minutes.. you can hardly even read a whole thread that fast !!! all 1 liners so i would say yes he is a post padder !!! :cool2: and i agree with cajun-angla i dont see the point and to me it is really anoying..

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I agree J-Man! Lots of folks drop in to say thanks.

Oops.....I just upped my post count!:roll_eyes:

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'd say MarioFish takes that crown!:smile2:

13. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    there are a few in the running for that crown :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

14. rcjoyner

rcjoyner New Member

State:
    tn
    describe a "pvc limb line" please..

15. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Hey Shaun, them are definately some type of bullhead. They make really good cut bait for turtles also. I catch a lot of them in my turtle traps. They get stung up and used for bait. Them that size also makes some great live bait for the big flatheads. A big hook through the back hangin' on a limb line in the right place could produce a goodun'!!!

16. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    They are bullheads for sure,we call them mud cats..:big_smile:

17. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Looks like Bullheads, looks like padders,looks like a few Congrats on yer catch with yer son.....Congrats to ya and that fine young'un.....:wink: