I, Postbeetle, Hereby Formally and Faithfully Resolve

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Dec 14, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, Christmas is over finally, (in my mind anyhow, we have had the snow and ice and twinkling lights, so it is over, on to the next thing)

Usually don't do this because it never really works, but this year is different. I have a neat network of new acquaintances who will help me keep faithful. It is so nice to have friends.

I am going to make several "Resolutions of Spirit and Promise", that means these are my New Years Resolutions.

I, (right hand in the air, and tear in my eye) solemnly resolve that the year Two Thousand Ought Eight shall bring these abundant wishes on my head......

A. I resolve not to quit smoking. (probably not too tough)
    B. I resolve to continue drinking beer. ( I know I got this one in the bag)
    C. If Nancy continues to gain weight in the posterior, I resolve to buy a subscription to Playboy Magazine. (gotta hang this one in the kitchen where she will see it.
    D. I resolve to treat all moderators on this forum with dignity and respect. (this one will be tough, they are really wonderful people, but they make so much money I am jealous.)
    E. I resolve to vote for Hillary Clinton, even with the tremendous doubts I have. I firmly believe she is the next best thing after Wal-Mart, Al Quiada and the Dixie Chicks.)
    F. There are a few people on here who have poked at me. I resolve to kiss and make up to them. (spit)
    G. I resolve to spend more money from my Social Security check on other things than beer, cigarettes and Playboy magazines. Maybe I will buy a fresh box of 12 gauge shells. When the slugs come out the barrel of my 'ol 870 and land at my feet, I know my powder is bad.
    H. I resolve to take BG's picture down in my bathroom. I think it is starting to turn Nancy on.

More, but the wonderful moderators, who I dearly love, would take down, edit, or otherwise dispose of in the trash.

Those are mine, you wonderful people. I am counting on you to keep my nose to the grindstone. Let me see yours. the ones that I know you don't have a snowball's chance in Hades of keeping.

Happy New Year. Postbeetle

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Howdy BEETLE (SPIT)
    I HAVE NOT REALY THOUGHT BOUT IT I AM JUST GETTIN INTO THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS AND LOVE THE LOOK ON MY BABYS FACE AFTER THEY SEE THE CAN OF DADS POP EMPTY FROM ST.NICK....THE LILL BUGERS ARE PRETY SMART AND I KNOW IT IS ONLY GONNA LAST A FEW YEARS SO AS WE DRAW NEAR THAT MAGIC MORNING I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT......WHILE THE SPIRIT IS ALIVE AND WELL.....
    COME TO THINK BOUT IT QUITING SMOKING"HUH" I AINT NO QUITER AND I DONT SEE YOU AS ONE EITHER AND IF I MIGHT ADD AND I KNOW I SHOULD RESPECT MY ELDERS .....(ME BEING A WEE LAD AND ALL) YOU MIGHT WANT TO NOT SAY ANYTHING TO NANCY OR DO THE PLAYBOY THING AND THAT PIC OF GEORGE...IF IT IS THE ONE I AM THINKIN BOUT I WAS BLIND FER A WEEK AND FOR YOU TA HAVE IT HANG SO GRACIOUSLY IN THE HOME OFFICE WELL BUDDY I AM SPEECHLESS.
    I CANT VOTE ..CAUSE OF WHEN I WAS YOUNG BUT I DO HAVE A RESOULUTION OR TWO AND WITH THEM I WILL SPIT AGAIN AND KNOCK A COLD ONE BACK........I AM GIONG FISHING THE WHOLE SUMMER IF POSSIBLE.AS SOON AS IT WARMS UP....(.SPIT AGAIN TWICE) I AM CHASIN THE KITY AND" NO-WHERE ON THE RIVER IS GONNA BE SAFE!"
    FROM ME IF YOUR A KITY....I WILL HAVE TO GET BACK TO YOU ON THE OTHER I AM FOCUSED AND COHERENT....ALL I SEE IS FISH BUT I CANT HELP TO FEEL FER YOU CAUSE WHEN YOU MESS WITH THE TOUSCHE IT USUALY AINT GOOD.WOMEN ARE SO MUCH EASYER TO DEAL WITH IF YOU PLAY ALONG AND "yes dear" A COUPLE TIMES A DAY ATLEAST IN MY HOME.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If "H" is causein that much of a stir. Maybe its time ya stepped to the plate and took one for the team. LOL! Was it you or her that printed it out. If it will help your quest send it my way and I'll autograph it for ya. LOL!

4. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh yeah, make me find the last list I ignored so I can make a new one, I know it's around here someplace

I resolve to drink only good beer.

I resolve to catch only HUGE catfish.

I resolve not to catch my shoes on fire while getting warm.

I resolve my live bait will catch a fish or die trying.

I resolve not to lose any more tackle in snags (this one is gonna be tough)

Cant remember the other ones right now.

Oh yeah, I resolve not to forget my resolutions.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am resolute in my ways and I resolutely refuse to make any resolutions. problem resolved.:cool2:

6. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    nope, notta one I can think of. :big_smile:

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    xmass resolutions
    aint gonna poke fun at the girls no more.boc sisters that is.
    aint gonna go fishing more than 3 days a week.
    aint gonna make no more friends.
    aint gonna spend all night on boc chat room.
    probaly think of some more as new year gets closer.
    i am gonna offer up a prayer that all my boc brothers and sisters have a safe holliday.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    When it comes to my resolutions for 2008, just like Sam Oglethwaite, I will remain determined but moist!
    (Reps to the one who can explain what I just wrote to the rest)
    ...W

9. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ok john, i think that you may have a problem with a few of your resolutions. most of them look pretty good though.heres mine
    1) i resolve to not check out women anymore, and if i ddo check out women, i will make sure they are hot women.
    2) i resolve to only drink beer on days that end in "Y".
    3) i resolve to not spend more than $2000 on fishing gear, and if i do, it is going to be really cool gear.
    4) i resolve to eat more red meat and dip copenhagen every day.
    5) i resolve to go fishing and not drink beer, unless there is a really good reason, like "i am fishing so why not"
    6) i resolve not to let my wife read this post (and if she does, honey, i didnt mean anything i said in this post)

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I resolve to quit trying to understand my 21 year old son, and my "29" year old wife. (You ol farts been married 100 years like me will get this.)

I resolve to vote for the candidate who seems like they'd be the one to go party with. (Hillary, sorry.)

I resolve to visit my friends more. Gonna have to get a couple more dogs.

I resolve if it doesn't cast, shoot, float, taste good, I can't play or fight with it; I'm not having anything to do with it.

I resolve to plan on having a good year, regardless of what I've known so far.

:smile2:

11. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Hmmmm... shall we say; You are stubborn, yet determined to remain as you are, even if that is to be, stubborn!!
    (The phrase "come hell or high water" comes to mind. I wonder if old Sam was thinking this very thing.)

Thanks for literary field trip.

T.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Winston, I really enjoyed the poem Three Ha'Pence a Foot by Marriott Edgar. I nearly needed an interpreter though. Can you please clarify the term Long Bacon. :confused2:

13. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    "Long Bacon" was a term used for when one places their thumb to his nose with fingers inline and pointing upwards and wiggling ones fingers.
    Not at all sure where the name comes from though.

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    ok,

I TdawgNOk, being of semi-sound mind and large waisted, do hereby formally resolve to:

1. To Continue to hold the BOC record for number of catfish who laugh at me when I try to catch them.

2. To outfish my wife at least one time in 2008, even if I have to leave her home to do so.

3. To try very hard not to poke fun at granite butt and chumbootie *(you know who you are)*

4. To try not to convince EVERY person I meet on the BOC that the Keystone Gathering is the best and the one that they need to try to go to.

5. To fish more than 6 times in 2008

6. To fill my freezer with deer meat again in 2008.

7. To find someway to shake the hand of as many members as possible in 2008. :cool2: