I picked up my boat yesterday!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by tnsojaman, Aug 25, 2008.

1. tnsojaman

tnsojaman New Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    I finally got to pick up my boat yesterday. It is a 15 foot astroglass bass boat, 1976 model. 110 HP Evinrude motor(which runs like a top), trolling motor, LCD depthfinder/fishfinder. All it needs is cleaned up, new carpet(which I already have), and a little TLC and I will be ready to leave the bank behind. Oh yeah, I got a short somewhere in the wiring so I am going to have to rewire the trailer too. When you plug in the trailer lights and hit the brakes it blows the fuse. I will probably just rewire the whole trailer and be done with it. I need to make a portable baitwell, buy a couple new rods and make a rodholder and I will be all set. Hopefully within the next month or 2 I will be able to get all this done and ready to go.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you are all set with the boat, congrats and good luck getting it set up

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chuck congrats on your first boat. Rigging it is half of the fun. Enjoy the maiden voyage and good luck.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    around here we go to the local farm store, and buy the longest trailer wiring kit available. I like to run them to my lights with no splices, less headache later on. Congrats on the boat, now let the reeducation begin. Oh ya, Welcome to the BOC. Later Andy