I passed the AFF in 9 jumps

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Apr 9, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I was shooting for 8 but the Th didn't turn out to well when the instructor let me go I could not stop spinning I think fear got to me and I just froze. After he re docked and let me go again I just wanted a canopy over my head and didn't do anything but ride it down to 6000 and pull. The next jump was aw some and I did the turns perfectly. After that I had to do the Barrel rolls to become unstable and man let me tell you as I started the first barrel row I was unstable alright and spun and twisted but was able to regain control and did another perfectly. The last jump I had to do flips, now let me tell you that was the best jump ever and I just Keeped flipping because it was so much fun. I start my solo jumps now and have alto of confidence that I can get stable anytime I want to now man what a ride. Now if that aint worthly of rep. I dont know what is......LOL Im joking.......

2. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats you are alot braver than I am, the only time I would want to jump is if the pilot went first. :)

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Chuck,

I still have your video, just haven't had the time to work it. Hopefully I can get it loaded over easter weekend. :)

Paul

P.S. It is Safe

4. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Chuck

Do you get to pack your own parachutes or do they have someone pack them for you?

Chris

5. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Chuck,

I didn't have any doubts, my friend.

Now don't go gettin all puffed up thinkin you can start jumpin with smaller chutes till ya don't need one at all. :rolleyes:

Mike

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Congrats man, I can still remember when I first felt the silk blossom over my head and that was back in 64. What a rush. :p

7. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Im not packing yet I have to learn for my liesence so I will be learning pretty quick. As for jumping a smaller rig I think I will stay with the big 288 for now those guys are nuts cruising in at 60 mph with a parachute on I like to live way to much......LOL

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Packing the chutes are easy, I pack them almost every single day for pilots that I dont even know, the chutes that we pack a quite a bit different then the chute that you use but I have packed a few like yours.

chris

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Chuck sounds like you are doing well and having fun.Let me give you Helrings rule for parachuting."Pack it slow and don't go low".I NEVER had to ride my reserve in 837 jumps except when it was due for repack then we jumped them deliberately.I had a steerable so it wasn't to bad just a faster landing.I also never went below 3000ft without a canopy over my head.Twice I got off of aircraft because I had a "Feeling" that I wasnt satisfied with my packing job.I repacked and didn't find anything that was wrong,but I always listen to my gut instincts in such matters.I would have rather missed a jump and repacked than wear the chute as a shroud.After about 30 jumps you will develope a sense of awareness of what is going on around you that wasn't there at the beginning.At first everything seems to go so fast.Once you begin "flying " and doing relative work with other jumpers the fun begins.Keep it up as it is fun to see someone else discover jumping.:)

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Very nice. Still trying to get the Air Force to send me to jump school/air assault, but they cringe when you ask to be sent to an Army school. Such is life. Great job

SudDawg