I ordered an 808 boss Hawg 7'mh spincast combo any reports?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by readingcatfisher, Jan 14, 2009.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I ordered an 808 boss Hawg 7'mh spincast combo for my wife any reports on this setup so I know what to expect?

2. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I'm not to sure about the rod, but I have a cousin that all he uses is those 808's and stuff. He catches some good fish on them but I wouldn't trust it on a big ole fish. If your using it for primarily smaller sized fish then you should be alright.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Their is a man in our town that has several of the 808. He swears by them and caches some nice channel and blues on them. I have seen him with 20# plus cats.

4. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I mainly will be trying to get her onto some channels and maybe some smaller flats I will be changing the line that comes with it probably to Cajun Red 25# or maybe even Braid it is a med-heavy rod so I think it should hold up or I hope so:eek:oooh:

5. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    They are perfect for the fish you are going to target. They are simple to cast for beginners, especially those new to catfishing. I think it would be worth the investment. Knowing your luck though the biggest fish in the place will take that pole.

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    My wife uses the 808 and has caught 30 lb flatheads with it and had bigger at the bank that was lost but not the fault of the reel. Ask catfish john he seen her bring in a big ole flat and the net man failed lol just kidding john.

7. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Thanks for the replies guys I was wondering if it could handle flats my wife is really small I might hafta tie her off to a tree so she don't get pulled in

8. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i put 20 pound braid on the two i have they seem to be decent riggs .

9. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I figured on putting some braid on it maybe a little heavier:wink:

10. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    the combo just arrived today and i must say I'm impressed by the quality for the money, very good value for someone who is a beginner or just likes spincast reels the pole is a 2 piece the top piece is solid fiberglass which was the part that impressed me:wink:

11. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    do you have any pics of the fish she caught with it?