i officially spend more time in the water than fish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TheMadCatter, Jun 5, 2009.

1. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    went out last night to fish the meramec.....it did not start off well. after getting hung up and attempting to get it loose without falling in....i fell in. needless to say i was put off. so instead of sitting out there and freezing my n*tts off i decided to throw out a few jugs, and take off so i could get some dry clothes. this was not as easy as it normally is, and i may have misjudged how slippery the bank was. by the time i got them all out i had taken a swim not once, not twice, but three more times. a few choice profinties later and i was done.
    went back out there at about 430 this morning to check and see if i almost killed myself for a reason.....1 3foot gar was there pissed off and thrashing around, rather than go for a swim again i just cut him loose, and let him be on his way. aside from that all bait was gone every other jug, and one jug had been pulled upstream so far that the achor line was streched tight. pulled that one in and found that my 50 pound test snap swivel had been pulled straight, and the nemisis 10/0 hook was gone.........bastards! so im goin back tonight to see if i can get that hook back.....lol

2. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Might be a good time to invest in a pair of waidders.

3. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    That sucks man, dont feel bad i feel yesterday too walking down a trail to the lake had cooler,chairs,poles, and tackle didnt take no swim tho :smile2: did snap my brothers ultra lite rod in half :angry: good thing is bday is tuesday wasnt sure what to get him till that happen lol... Good luck tonight

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Brandon don,t sound like u need wader,s [they will drown u if u try to swim with them on] sounds like u need a wet suit :wink::smile2:

5. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    <lol> sorry, thats funny and not funny. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt man. Last year I had a night like that I posted and busted my butt "big time" twice. Last fall I almost lost my rod flying towards the water and getting a missouri river swirly while jumping after my rod. I was face first half in/half out of the river and when I got back up on the concret boat ramp. I had torn jeans and concrete burns up and down both knee's. <lol> still managed to get that fish. It was a huuuuge three pound channel:tounge_out: I also posted a picture of me busted up holding that fish.

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'd be a madcatter if I fell in that many time in one night too, LOL. Its only funny cause your alright. Ya got me to crack a smile with your post...enjoyed it very much, thanks.

7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That would be a "nutroll".

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last time I took Brandon out, I fell in the MO river. Seems when he fishes he is prone to fallen in and if ya fish with him it seems to rub off on you.:big_smile: Brandon the fish are biten good down here. lol I need another bath in the MO river. Lets go fishen next week.:smile2:

9. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    im there my friend... i need to find a monster myself. NO ONE GOES IN THIS TIME. well unless its to get a big cat......lol