I never thought I'd see it....

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Sep 1, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Went out with Pearl today and tonight. Caught a few nice fish early during the heat. Banged a 20 and 30lber right of the gate. We were stoked, but then it slowed down considerably. I think we caught 5 over the next 5 hours -- dinks and rats -- still not complaing.

But.....we pulled upon one last hole and it was on. Had all 6 rods go over basically at once. When the dust cleared we had five fish laying in the bottom of the boat with hooks still in them. We were able to release one during the frenzy, but we decided to go ahead take a picture of the others.

We then put right back out and low and behold the bite was gone as quickly as it started. We caught one more before it was time to go. Really strange, but I am not complaining.

It surely made all of those hours without a nibble over the past few years so worth it. It was bound to happen eventually.

Attached Files:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    hey congratulations dude. You must have changed shorts.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good going now whens the big F.F.:roll_eyes: I'd love to have a day half that good. Congradulations!!

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Great report, Greg! That's encouraging news for the ones of us still waiting for that "bound to happen..." :smile2:

5. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    every time I see that avatar pic I have to put sunglasses on so I don't get blinded by those shorts.Good job guys and nice fish.Where were you guys at?:big_smile:

6. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    So,are they going to hit this year?Just kidding,nice fish.Thanks for sharing.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    6 rods going down at the same time. That don't happen very often. Thanks for the pics and story.

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Greg, it sounds like you guys had a great night out there. 6 rods at one time and you got them all in, now that is impressive!

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    On a different note though; I don't know who dresses this guy??? First the flowerdy shorts and now a Titans shirt, poor kittens were probably ashamed when they saw who caught them.:smile2:

10. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Hey GQ, here's the deal. I'm much more interested in catching the kitty's than looking pretty in a boat. Catching the kitty's is hard enough. I'll leave the modeling to you and Nessie.

Olejer, Skipeye and BEHITJ -- it's probably in your best interest to just focus on the fishing as well. :wink:

Ratman, you do whatever you want. :roll_eyes:

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Thanks Greg!

Way to go kid! Sounds like a fun night to be on the river! I can't wait to get back out there!

12. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    And here i was minding my own bizz ,and the flower child is gettin down on me

13. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ryan,
    I hear what you are saying about the ashamed kittens, but he is wearing the Titans shirt because he is a true Tennessee sports fan and even wears bright orange shorts to show his dedication to his beloved Tennessee Volunteers. Be nice to him today because he is mourning the loss to UCLA last night.:roll_eyes:

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    O.K. Nessie........O.K. I will throw him some slack. I guess TN fans deserve to catch fish too, but I draw the line on folks from KY.:smile2:

15. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Meaning.....Cuz?

16. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was just saying all that stuff about cutting him slack to make him feel better while he is in mourning:roll_eyes:. But after seeing him try to start trouble with you, olejer, skipeye and BEHITJ, I think he must be feeling better so you should give him the business. The vols aren't that good anyway (except for women's basketball:wink:).

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    He was born there by mistake and was converted at an early age.:smile2:

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well Ryan it looks like we'll have more time on here i got the thanks but no thanks call on the job

19. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Sorry to hear that Jer, its their loss and our gain.

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    yea YEA, i like the sound of that