i never seen that before! bardstown get hit hard

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Steve Douglas, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i guess im lucky i still have electric for the moment! but i finally made it to town this afternoon, and nobody has electric! all but two stores are closed!
    very lil cash on me and the banks are closed, and where i find an atm , the internet is down and there not spittin out any bucks!i can write a ck for what i need but cant get extra cash! oh well! i guess it will just be another day or so! i guess we got caught with our pants down! cause heres what ive never seen before in my 45 years! lines at the kerosene pumps a hundred deep at both markets that sell it! rude pissed off people! as im trying to back out of the parking lot of one of these stores, i noticed the kerosene line was scattering , seems two grown men started fist fighting which propted a cpl more to join in! it was entertianing to say the least! but the lines a hundred deep was kinda scary to see!

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Wow that is crazy! Its like the prices droped or something.

3. CACN

CACN New Member

State:
    indiana
    Glad you survived

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    we got hit hard here in evansville also... i am making some calls in the morning to see if i can get a limb chipper to pull behind my dump truck so i can make a little cash after this stuff is gone!!

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Fayetteville, in NW AR, the major city up here where the U of A is, was all but shut down by this storm. Many businesses were closed there as well and thousands out of power in the entire NW AR area.

The roads here are NASTY and our elementary has no power, they called school at about 1/2 o'clock yesterday, and if it doesn't start thawing before late afternoon here we won't be there tomorrow either. Pics of the area have been on CNN, and so have interviews with various officials.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/weather/01/29/winter.weather/index.html

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    M FIL lives in Brandenberg Ky. and has been w/o power since Tues.
    KC sent a bunch of power anf light trucks to Fayetteville yesterday morning.

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    yeah they needed em, I'm sure...over 100,000 without power up here as of Wednesday.

Say they are hitting areas to fix by the numbers...where the most will be restored.

I know it's bad in a lot of places they have many pics from many places on there.