I need your thoughts

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Feb 13, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My Dad who is a elderly man age 85 had some high winds at his house 3 days ago..They blew a tree over and most of it is laying on his neighbors property...So my dad thinks no problem, he will just get someone to come in and cut it up and haul it away.

Big problem, the neighbor wants the tree gone pronto, but refuses to let any one drive a pick up onto his property..He said they would have to drive across his leach bed and damge it??? I have driven across leach beds many times with no problem but thats not the point.

So if the tree removal people cant drive onto his property they will have to carry each cut piece of tree appx 100 yds to load it up. And they want an additional 700 bucks to do this...What do you think?

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    check his homeowners insurance policy out it should cover it and let them handle it,he shouldnt have to deal with it,thats what the insurance is for,I wish him luck,and hope it works out for him

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like your Dad's neighbor is a real jackass! He wants the tree removed now but don't want any vehicles on his property!? Sounds like it could be ugly! :sad2:

4. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    im sorry to hear about your problem. check the homeowners insurance maybe that will be some help. its amazing how big of A$$holes some people are

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Your Pop probably won't go for this and I can understand why knowing a man of his age feeling of responsibility. I would tell the neighbor the tree stays there until an amiable solution can be worked out.

Tell the insurance company, if he has good insurance, to take their time resolving the situation. Neighbors with an attitude like that can't stand for the sun to come up sometimes. It will polish their ulcer and drive them nuts. Sounds like fun to me. The tree ain't gonna disappear by itself.

Good luck. Take your Dad fishing and wave at the neighbors as you go by.

6. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Act of God, therefore tree stays where it's at, or until neighbor is no longer suffering from Cranium Rectumis.

:004:

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have to agree with John un this one he has a good point !

8. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My thoughts exactly John if the neighbor wants to be hard to get along with then be just as stuburn see how he likes it when the tree is still there in the spring. Just keep on smiling and waving everytime you see them. Kill him with kindness.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Leave it there and bill them for the firewood. LOL! People never cease to amaze me.:angry:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The one and only time I will ever say this...listen to George and John(lol)
    Id have the tree service clean up dads yard an screw the jerk next door he is responsible for his yard your tree or not.I use to butcher trees and anything over your side like it or not you can cut er down and your responsible for....but hard to call the laws/regs where you are!
    I feel fer your pops cause having neighbors like that is the pits.
    I had one ....yes had and now we all have a real clear understanding I am not to stable at times...and I am a good neighbor as long as you are good but ....
    Good Luck!

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yep, leave it where it lays, cleanup your side of the property on your own terms.

12. brewfish

brewfish New Member

State:
    fl
    I have to agree that if the guy wants to be a prick then i would just have the service clean up my side of the fence and when he hears the chain saws running i'd let him know that it's now or never. Those dumb leach lines aren't going to be bothered by a truck going over top of them unless they are on a couple of inches below the surface..duhhh.

Hey at least he trying to be nice and clean it up. A few years ago when we had a bunch of hurrincanes come through, my neighbor had a huge tree fall on my property and this welfare dead beat wouldn't even offer to give me a hand cutting it up. I got out the saw and went to town. If this clown is so hot to trot to get it removed let him get out there with a saw and do it himself!

13. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah i am pretty sure that this falls under the "act of god" section of the insurance. therefore, until the guy removes his head from his rectum, then i would not worry abotu it to much. he cant sue your dad for it because your dad didnt intentionally cut the tree down and it fell on the neighbors property. no court of law would up hold that. plus your dad has offered to remove it and the guy doesnt want to go with it. i would not sweat it to much. tell the guy you will get it off of there if you will be able to drive onto his property to remove it. if not, tell him its his problem and he can deal with it.