I need to vent

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Dec 16, 2006.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I know this is not the place but I got to let it out
    Thanksgiving day we put out our Christmas decorations in the yard about a week later someone tore up our inflatable snowman today they stole our Santa ! I hate to think about what my Dad would have done had he thought I was doing that kind of stuff to our neighbors! I will tell you all this as of now there will be no yard decor out next year at my house.
    Thanks for let me let off steam I have already e mail a letter to the Macon paper about it it is called Grinching from what I have been told I call it stealing

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sorry about that, i guess grinching would be stealing. never had that happen to us.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I know how you feel. It seems like vandalism and stealing have dramatically increased the past few years. A buddy of mine had some idiot drive their car in his backyard and tore up his lights, Christmas decorations, nativity scene, and tore up the grass. There is no telling what he would do to that person if he caught them.

4. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Bum deal bro, thats why we have big ugly dogs though. Just a wee bit of a detourance. Although even before we put the dogs out we havnt had any problems

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sorry to hear about your decrations hope they catch them so you can press charges:angry_2:

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yea, I'm feeling for ya... thanks for sharing .... put em up next year. Those folks will get what they deserve.

bayrunner ray

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I just can't see why people do that.
    Bill

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Richard, sorry to hear about that. I've never understood why some kids get their kicks destroying other peoples property or public property.

I've had the same thing happen to me but it doesn't any more for I don't put up any outside decorations.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I feel your dismay pard Thats just plain un American

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Richard,

Thats a sad situation for sure, but you can't let that shade your Christmas Spirit Brother. To never decorate your yard again means that the vandals have won, and you lost.

By golly I would redecorate again showing the true Christmas Spirit. Those kids, or whoever, that destroyed and stole from you, will see justice one day. There are enough people right now trying to stop the Christmas Spirit any way they can, and we just have to fight back..

11. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Richard,
    I am so sorry fro what happened to you, it seems the good people suffer
    and bad guys seem to get away with most things.

Before you decide not to decorate, please think about the joy little ones have when they see all the Christmas Lights
    Merry Christmas
    Sharon

12. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Richard, this is not the right way, but it makes you want to put up your lights and leave a few loose wires showing. I'll ask for forgivness, for that thought, bit it would get their attention.

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't give up on the Decorations.I believe what I would do is
    1.install motion lights
    2. put up a cheap sec camera to catch them on film,put a sign out stating this property is bring vidio tapeed.
    3.Then put Decorations back up ,sit back and wait.
    Don't let those JERKS win keep fighting. There is two many out there who don't believe in Christmas any more.

14. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sorry to hear about that. It is a shame that people have so little respect for others property. If ya catch em press charges dont let em get away with it.

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sorry to hear about your plight richard
    i agree with the post stateing dont let them ruin it for you ,but also know it would be costly to keep re-decorateing.
    we got a couple small trees and the deer with moving head and then icecicle lights around the eaves of the house so it aint too much they can hurt .
    mean people suck that includes kids and teens.
    they will get shat on someday and will know how you felt.
    HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS inspite of this and dont let it bring you down.

I HOPE ALL THE BOC FAMILIES HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    thanks for the comments I probley will decorate again cause we enjoy it and I know others do to but it did make me mad when I saw it but they won't win

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Christmas or not. Teens or not, I'd have to trip wire my yard for some fun of my own.:big_smile:

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry to hear about your Christmas decorations. It's ashamed people do things like that.
    More and more people have lack of care and respect.
    I have had a few problems myself with little results from a legal view.
    A suggestion get a video security camera.

19. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    sorry bout that richard!!! I had someone messin with my lights once and boy they got a shock.. i snuck out the back door went to the front through the gate and turned the hose on them!!.... they were the neighborhood kids and boy did they scream and run... they had to explain why they were so wet in DEC! The next day i went to their mom's and told them why they came home wet... well i didnt see them around for quite awhile....life can be interesting :big_smile: Their moms told me they were sorry their kids were being that way and i guess they figured out no one is gonna be puttin up with their shenanigans!

20. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Now that is an idea Mark hummmm