I need to talk about a member

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, May 26, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And his name is Rollo!

I dont want his head to swell, but want to give credit where it's due.

Jason is one of the few members here where I read almost all his post, he has alot to say and alot of great info for beginers, and old time fisherman as well..He also is windy as hell but thats beside the point!:roll_eyes:

When Jason first joined this forum I hardly ever read his post, just wondered who this Rollo dude was that talked all the time.

But then I started to read, and I read alot...Jason is just the kind of member a forum needs, he is active posting, willing to help people out, and knows his stuff.

I think he is a fine example of what a sportsman is about, and is a great steward for the sport of catfishing.

I dont know Jason personally, but feel I know him thru all his post.
    We will probably never fish together, but thats ok..I feel like I am along with him by his post.

I am almost 50 years old, and dont have the energy I used to have...But our contest gave me a boost to get out there and not just set home on the couch.

I actually hope he beats my 45-lb fish, becasue it would be a great story to read!

Good luck my friend.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yeah, we like ole Rollo ourselves in the Nascar section. A true sport if I ever seen one. lol

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Now Jack .... I know personally know Jason ... and I bet your post has made him blush ... :wink: .. Jason is very knowledgeable and can relate what he knows in good easily understood terms .. Garry-

4. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I am a new member and I must say I have honestly learned a lot from reading around, and a lot ive noticed were Rollo's tips and knowledge....thanks for all the good advice Jason...Flathunter, couldnt agree with you more!!

5. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    you were right about 1 thing He will blush and his head is getting bigger as we type.....Just kidding Jason.....
    I do in fact know Rollo, but have yet to recieve an Invite. Maybe after a few butt whoopins in the upcoming tournaments Ill get the call...But until then Ill just play in the "minors".............

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I got to agree with ya Jack. I only know Rollo (Jason) from the BOC. For some reason I'm drawn into his posts, I dunno why, maybe its becoz with Rollo's posts you never know what your getting into, or what you are going to get out of it. It may be a whimsical off the wall subject, humor, a really informative post, or maybe just a new twist on something we all already do. Anyhow, you always leave with something to ponder. Recognition well deserved, keep up the good word Jason.

Good post Jack.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Rite on Jack. The man has been nothing but nice and always willing to share his knowledge. Actually i was hopin that boy of your's beat both of ya this year.:wink:

8. vtjefferson

vtjefferson New Member

State:
    IA
    he does seem to know his stuff

9. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    yeah rollo is a good guy i cant wait to get the chance to go fishing with him

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man' has he got you guys fooled! lol Thats not even his real picture in his avatar. I have seen him in person and got to talk to him just once on the river. He is realy a little old guy about four feet tall and green, he has pointed ears, wears a robe and floats about three feet off the water. The first time I saw him I was fishing alone. I thought I heard a noise be hind me and when I turned back to look at my rods there he was floating right in front of me on the Muskingum River! Thats when he spoke to me." One called Netman, Once you start down the catfishing path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

11. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    AND JACK ..... what were you drinking, Absinthe? Garry-

P.S. Had to post this ... moved me up a rank ......:wink::wink::smile2::eek:oooh:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    GUYS, GUYS FORGIVE ME!!!! I am on percocett for my back, it makes me say strange things!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

It was a great post Jack. I'm really hoping to get up there and fish with him and you later on in the year. You both seem like First Class Guys that I'd love to fish with!!!:cool2::big_smile:
    I hope your back is feeling better, mine isn't, I'm hitting the bed in about 5 minutes!:wink::big_smile:

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lmao,easy on them things,or you might be doing some stranger things,lol

actually,that is a very good post,flathunter.give credit where credit is due.

rollo is always sharing knowledge,and that sometimes is always hard to find someone who will do that.if u ask,he will tell,or help as much as possible at least.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I gotta say Rollo is a good man....I have cheap shotted him and he has me even though we have never met he is a charachter and wise for his breeches....your on the money-if he beats you yer never gonna hear the end of it though:wink:
    P.S. Rollo couple asprin will help the swelling buddy:eek:oooh::wink:

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL! No, he is a pretty descent guy and he definitely has a great passion for the sport of catfishing.

17. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    How nice of you to post this thread. I agree 100%, Jason and brothers and sisters like him are what make The BOC such an awesome site.

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    What can i say besides I agree??!! Go Rollo!!

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Rollo's a hack I taught him everything he knows:smile2:, Naaaah just kidden hopefully Ill be able to go out with him this year and get some of this bad luck off me

20. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Jack I have no doubt in my mind that you truly believe that this event really happened. Just keep in mind those were probably NOT morel mushrooms you found and ate on the river bank that night. :eek:oooh: