I need to go to OKC next year sometime....

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Sean, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    When is the best time to fish for cats in lake Heffner? I'm going to plan my entire trip around the information I recieve here. :)

2. okie_kat

okie_kat New Member

State:
    Eufaula, Ok
    why are you going to OKC? If it is to fish Hefner is not the best catfish lake in the area. Right before the spawn and just as the weather cools are the two best times in Ok.

3. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    My parents live in OKC. Hefner is the only lake I know of near their home, so I'm not going down just to fish that particular lake. I might be there around x-mas time. I would deffinitely like to plan a fishing trip while I'm there, I've read good things about Keystone, is it far? I am able to travel to other parts of the state, any advice is greatly appreciated.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Sean,

Keystone is about an hour and a half from OKC.

There are other lakes much closer.

I'm sure some of the Okies from the OKC area can reccomend somewhere for a GREAT fishing trip.

5. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    why wait till next year to go fishing is good here

6. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Work, 6 month old son, commitments in Phoenix, etc. :( But I make at least one trip to OK a year, just haven't had time to fish in the past. I'm putting aside special fishing time next trip though. :D

7. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    I know what you mean, i got a 4 mo y/o son and boy he is a handfull, but you cant be all work and no play

8. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    lol, true, that's why I fish at least once a week. :)

Arizona is a great state for enjoying the great outdoors. Oklahoma is probably underated in that respect as well. I'm looking forward to fishing down there, or up there as the case may be.

9. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    How bout fishing for blues in the winter? Good places, suggestions? Looks like I'll be down there around x-mas time, lots of family rolling into town. Tons of uncles and aunts and a x-mas day in Lawton. We'll most likely have access to a boat when we go out.

10. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    i live in lawton but i dont like fishing here, my brother fishes alot of lakes here i like to fish on fort sill, i am sure you will find alots of little creeks to catch some cats in lawton, but fort sill has got lawton beat when it comes to finding a good spot that no one is at

11. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Fort Sill is a thought, is there good fishing in the winter for blues there? We'll be in OKC more than Lawton, but it's close. I've still got my eyes on Keystone, I know it's a drive, but I've read lots of good things about blues there.

12. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    never been to key stone, in the winter i do alot of night fishing, w/ a grill, just make a fire and your good the only thing i can think of is some of the road in fort sill are really hard to drive on, well thats because i have a small car