I need to catch a fish!!!

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BeetleBailey, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BeetleBailey

BeetleBailey New Member

State:
    california
    Hey everyone i am new to this site. It is awesome. I love fishing but i have had no luck with catfish. I live in Vacaville CA. I know the delta is known for catfish. I however have no luck. I dont have a boat so i am fishing from the shore. Any good suggestions on locations. Thanks

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: To the B.O.C. Jason,
    Just like yourself, I live in the Bay Area as well (San Leandro). :smile2:

I just seen this post & I'm about to walk out the door to go to work, but I just want you to know that you are going to Love this fishing web-site.

Take it easy.
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Welcome aboard Jason. I'm from across the country so I know nothing about your location. I am sure that someone in your area with answer you and you might even finding a fishing partner on here.

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jason. I can't help you with this post but I am sure someone on here can. Good Luck.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    WElcome to the BOC Jason.

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome Jason. Living in the St. Louis area I am cannot help you, but I know somebody will.

7. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Ok Jason, 1st welcome to the BOC. The water temp is a little cool for them delta cats right now. you could go fishing all day and night this time of year and catch maybe 1 or 2. Pay attention to the water temp if it rises about 5 degrees the bite will pick up. Right down the highway you have the wildlife refuge. I know for a fact that the stripers are runnin through there now, you could luck out and hook a sturgeon too. Use grass shrimp and mud shrimp. The ocassional cat will eat those as well. Theres a number of different holes to your south and east as well, sloughs and creeks. Give them a try but the good cat bite wont pick up until may or jun. I grew up in concord/martinez and have fished these waters alot. Good luck

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Welcome to the BOC. The Delta would be a good spot for cats up your way. traditionally winter time catting is slower but you can still find them they are just in deeper water mostly. A good time of to go is after a good rainfall especially if there is a good run off coming in from the banks. The cats generally will come shallower at this time. There are a fre guys here that fish in your area, I am sure they will chime in soon.

9. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Welcome Jason, keep after them and they will bite, Sorry I don't know much about your area. But, I have seen ppics of Catfish caught in that state.

10. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to The BOC Jason. I'm afraid I'd be of no help, just spent 3 days on the delta with the same result your getting.

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yes, and welcome Jason, to the BOC. Not to much doing up "North" where it is colder than it is down here in "Southern California".

I believe that I can account for the lack of fish on our "Scouting trip" to the Sacramento/San Joaquin River Delta.

Mostly, it is all part of human error.

You see one of our "guests" was "dipping". And I dont mean the bait that he was puttin on his hook. He was using the same hand to place a "plug" of chew into his mouth. Now don't get me wrong.... If a man, boy or woman wants to chew, thats ok. I dont mind... and as long as you dont use a container that is used by others for drinking and such... thats ok too.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that "daystarchis" could not find his cap, and this is not the one on his head. (he needs to wear one)

So what happened to the fishing? I believe that he contaminated the waters that we were fishing in. Maybe when it is warmer out those juices may entice cat feeding, but as cold as it was it just sank into the mud and did little good dispersing into the water and attracting cats.

bayrunner ray

12. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jason.

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Welcome to the BOC and someone in your area will give you advise or maybe if you ask nice enough they could take you out on their boat.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25: :big_smile: Jason glad to have you on board. I look forward to your future post.:0a20: :cat:

15. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California