I need some tips!! Please help me get the catfish!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Xterra_Man, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Xterra_Man

Xterra_Man New Member

State:
    wv
    I fish a lake near my home that is 202 acres, and has a lot of lilly pads in it. I dont have a boat, so I fish on the docks. Everyone that I talk to swears that there is channel cats in it, even the park staff say they are there. But I have never been able to catch one. I have tried Bluegill, whole, and just the head, no luck. I have also used magic bait chickenblood and grasshopper, with no luck, I do all my fishing between 6:00 pm and 11:00 pm all with no luck. Need some advise please.

2. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    try some chicken liver,hot dogs,or shrimp and i think you will start catching them. good luck to ya.

3. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey rob i would try to use cut shad or gills. kind of felit them and put them on a good size hook. try some tiger shrimp too. chicken liver and just about anything that yoiu think that will work. catfish are preditors i think. check out the library here on the boc to you could find some good info there.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I would try chicken livers, night crawlers, large cut minnows and DK's Punchbait.

5. Xterra_Man

Xterra_Man New Member

State:
    wv
    thanks for the tips, its really nice to have somewhere to go for a little help, thanks.

6. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I would try them also.

Ken

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't be adverse to movein around and gettin lines out at different distances. If ya have any knowledge of the depth of the area ya are fishin use a slip bobber rig to cover more ground.

8. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL
    Chum a spot over night and hit it in the morning, if you don't catch a cat there are none in the pond.

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I'm in agreement with the other guys. just have to throw the kitchen sink at them till you find something that they'll hit. Good Luck

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Is the Dock the only place that shore accessable? I would move around a bit. Also when is the heavist boat traffic going in and leaving the pond, that will stir up sediment from the bottom making the fish come into feed.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Try chicken livers or nightclawers, I think u are sure to get a bite. U might also wont to try using a slip bobber rig, or a three way rig.