I need some new ideas!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Oct 10, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Besides myself there are four other members of the BOC in New York. I have seen no posts from any of them in months. Its frustrating having no one in my area to share info with. I have handed out all my BOC business cards, in bait shops, while fishing, and in the sporting goods dept. where i work, no response at all. Ive sent Pm's to the other N. Y. members...no response. If anyone has any fresh ideas i would really appreciate your input. Thanks!!!:0a35:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sorry steve my best advice would be .........move here and we will catch flatheads together , :lol:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Steve,
    Charles gave you the best advice, I think. It's warmer in the South among other things.

Take care.
    Cheryl

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

move to shawnee oklahoma Steve - i'll buy the coffee and you find the fishing holes:big_smile:

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Steve. I think your dealing with a bunch of yankees. New Yorkers have always been stereotyped as not being very warm and friendly. You must be an out of stater who moved there for employment. LOL

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Yeah, i would agree with moving, lol. but you have some nice ski hills around there. you come visit me and we can fish and i'll come visit you and we can hit up vermont skiing, lol.

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, you could do like DH did, and move to where the fish are. :lol: Wish I could do that. Dang job, always getting in the way.......:roll_eyes:

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    You hit the nail right on the head brother. Im a displaced Rebel, with family in Texas, Kansas, and New mexico. When i go into full retirement, ill be going south just not sure where yet.:big_smile: :big_smile:

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Charles Kentucky, just happens to be one of the states we are considering moving to when i go into full retirement.:smile2:

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.

Excatly what ive been thinking brother:big_smile: :big_smile: and im serious.:smile2:

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Now that sounds like an idea, cept i think i should buy the coffee, and you find the fishing holes.:big_smile:

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    No sking, for me Max.:that_hurt:

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Virginia has the best of both worlds. We have great catfishing and great skiing too. I have a house right on the river that is sitting empty now, and there is a boat ramp right at the foot of the driveway. It's only 40 minutes from Wintergreen Ski resort.

14. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Well splitshot, move down here to Ky. and we'll make coffee while we fish.

15. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

I'll stick with fishing the Ohio River and skiing Colorado, Utah, and Montana. Can't beat the west for skiing. I try to make at least 1 trip every year-hopefully gonna make 2 this year.

16. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Something about flying down frozen water with two sticks on my feet just doesn't seem like a blast to me :eek:oooh: - different strokes for different folks I guess-
    But maybe since you can't move till you are in full retirement, you could try going to **codeword : bathtubs** in your local area, usually I see mostly catfiherman there, or local ponds at parks seem to have cattin' folks also- show'em some pictures, talk about nice fish here and there, and give them the cards you have-
    Just a suggestion, but its worked for me on findin fishing partners etc
    Hope that helps!
    -Chris

17. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Splitshot, you are welcome to move to Miss. but where ever you move to I wish you the best fishin.

18. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How about building a car that runs on air. Oh sorry thats not what you want...LOL...It's the little devil in me.

I did see a new New York member today, let give him some encouragement.

19. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    hey man i feel the same way sometimes. id be cool to have some people that lived in the same town as me. how do i get these buisness cards?

20. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.