I need some help

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by 1 4 Fishing, Jul 21, 2009.

1. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well I have been fishing for about to week now and had no flat head. Dose any one have any edvice for me. I have been fishing 30ft to 50ft with cut and hole shad

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    as long as the bait is fresh killed it will work the same as live, most DAYS. at night i like live to get their attention. they mite still be on the spawn so keep trying broth.

fish holes and cover in daytime. after a good rain head to the creek mouths, rite away!

3. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    logjams. and live bait.

4. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    lake

5. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    well I would definitly go with some live bait in addition to your shad this time of year and I would also say move to shallower water. 30-50ft of water is not typical for flatties this time of year, that may be a good wintering hole but not in the spawn or post spawn phase and obviously there is no submerged structure. there may be structure on the bottom of the whole but what I'm meanin is structure that you can see above water examples log jams and rock piles or a big bend in the river that has caused an undercut in the bank. keep throwin em out there though bro you'll get em.

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I agree with Preston,I,d try a lot shallower.try and find some nice deadfall trees on the bank,preferably with a little deeper water nearby.You can also see if there,s any nice boulder piles or rip rap you can fish around.I,d use nice lively bait if you aint already.:wink:

7. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    find you a good shallow water flat or point with a lot of structure on it and deep water drop offs, or cut banks are good this time of year.but flatheads will come to the shallows and feed at night,use large live bream.but i prefer flats or points with big boulders and rocks on it.. good luck

8. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    too deep...............wrong bait!