I need some help guys...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rollinunknown, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok heres the deal...

For the first time ever in 8 years my wife has asked to go fishing ... My son whos 6 wants to ride in the boat ...

I in no way will take them on the river anytime soon due to im a new boater and just getin the grasp of dealing with the boat ect..

Im looking for a local Lake were i can run the outboard its hood is 35hp ive never had the boat in a lake yet and im not to worried about the huge fish im just worried about catching some small guys and releaseing them .. Ive bought the large tub of secret 7's dip bait and even got a few bluegill,bass rigs setup.

My problem is i dont know any local lakes were i can run the motor besides Carlyle lake (sp?) my zip is 63138 come on guys i need some help.

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I was going to say come on out to Carlyle lake . I am not sure the h.p. limit up at Coffeen lake . Wish I could help you out more with your area . Does Bush wildlife allow boats ?

3. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri

I dont know too much about Carlyle but i wouldint mind the drive is there some hot spots out there ? i know were the spill way is but ive never fished the lake ?

i think they only do boats with trolling motors and my son wants to here the boat so bad running its killin him LOL!

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Only place I know of close is George Winter Park in Fenton. Real small lake but, it's close and since you have a jet prop you could wonder in the Meramec too.

Believe it or not I do ok there for eater size cats. I usually take 6 jugs throw them out close, and then me and my GF rod and reel fish untill a jug hooks up.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  5. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri

man i ahte that place the only thing i catch out there are Gar.... and lots of them .... ive been all around GW and the Meramec talk about a waste of gas lol...

But if your from there im sure you know the local holes ect... but i think im gonna head out to Carlyle to give it a shot... and worst case no fish at least we can go swimin on the beach.

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Maybe someone on this site who has experience will go out with you and give you some pointers first then take the family out later.

7. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    What about horseshoe lake off 111? I have done realy good on that lake before. I think the horse power limit is 50hp. Not to hard to figure out and not that big. Fish ledges or where the hot water discharge is.:wink:

8. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Around the duck blinds can produce some fish too!:wink:

9. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    mark twain lake is pretty good fishin, and not that bad of a drive for you. just a thought

10. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    try I fish Illinois on the web looks good to me hope this helps .