I need some help finding some bass!!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by daredevle, Aug 12, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    a pond i fish is drying up a little in this heat and all the bass that are in there are gone any body know what to use to get them i see one or 2 a week on top please help:sad2:

2. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Not sure I understand your post... are they 'gone'? or are there still bass 'in there'? I'd think it's gotta be one or the other.

There are a lot of different artificials you could use... top water lures, shallow runners, etc... you might consider using a minnow and a slip float set at a shallow depth if you're seeing them on top...

Dave

3. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I always have success on top water frogs and rubber worms or floatin tubes with a jig hook. I dont bass fish alot so my advice prolly isnt great

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Plastic worms,tx rigged with a 1/4 oz bullet weight and fished s l o w ,and I mean slow just crawl em across the bottom with a very occasional jump.I have used this on pond bass in hot weather in the past with very good results.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Don;t worry about it.There are many other fish that are just as good for bait.Heh,heh.Try live Bait.If the oxygen gets too low,or the water too warm,fish quit biting.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

6. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah the bass are still there just cant catch them on any thing i tried topwater nothing hit anything

7. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Go with Shiners. If you can find them from 4# to 6# the better. I wouldn't use any type of weight and let them swim where they want. Chances are they will swim to any type of cover for protection and that is where the bass will be due to low water. Good luck. I hope you get 'em.

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It sounds like your pond is going thru "turn over" when the heat finally reaches bottom. Oxgen level drops and in end could kill all fish. If this is your pond they now sell windmills that pump air into pond that work like a charm. But if heat persists might kill all the fish. Sorry to hear!!:angry:

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Great suggestions so far. Here lately Ive been catching more bass than cats and Im using cured livers. Ya might want to try cured livers, the bass around here seem to love em.

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    You could also try a minnow on a small plain jig head. Or you can freeline a whole nightcrawler with no weight, if you can keep the sunnies off it.

11. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    couple days ago i used a bluefox spinner just casting it out then caught 3 bass that way. Or you can always try a buzzbait if there are weed or anything like that in the water. try plastic worms also and spinners.